HL2 + Episode 1 & 2 + Deathmatch GCFs

I put it in the steamapps folder (i downloaded episode 1 & 2 gfcs, parts one and two and everything else, extracted only part 1s, since the gfc files are the same (i guess?) and when I get to steam, it just says that it's "Extracting" or "Downloading files", but nothing happens. I try to start it, but I get the same problem that the steam server cant bla bla bla... Whats the dealio?

*edit, do I have to extract ALL the parts, since part 1 needed part 2 to continue I figured i only needed to extract one

episode 2:
Unexpected end of archive

maybe you don downloaded all the files needed fot HL2E2
this are the files:
Source 2007 Binaries.gcf
Episode Two Content.gcf
Episode Two Maps.gcf
Episode Two Materials.gcf
Episodic 2007 Shared.gcf
Source 2007 Shared Materials.gcf
Source 2007 Shared Models.gcf
Source 2007 Shared Sounds.gcf
Source Materials.gcf
Source Models.gcf
Source Sounds.gcf
Episode 1 Shared.gcf

maybe you don downloaded all the files needed fot HL2E2
this are the files:
Source 2007 Binaries.gcf
Episode Two Content.gcf
Episode Two Maps.gcf
Episode Two Materials.gcf
Episodic 2007 Shared.gcf
Source 2007 Shared Materials.gcf
Source 2007 Shared Models.gcf
Source 2007 Shared Sounds.gcf
Source Materials.gcf
Source Models.gcf
Source Sounds.gcf
Episode 1 Shared.gcf
Make sure you got all the parts of EP2

lol we said the same thing at se same moment :D

episode two content.gcf (Part 1)
episode two content.gcf (Part 2)
half-life 2 episode two english.gcf
Edit:
oh nvm i found other files i didnt download i didnt see those other ones

do you need the episodic shared file?

im getting a problem, ive done many things to get episode 2, i: copyed the winrar files, into steam apps, and my user, extracted to steamapps and user, mademy own episode 2 file, put it in my user, but im not getting the game, it disappears from the buy game list, but not in my owned game list! plz can someone help me:(:(:( i really want to play episode 2...and anyoneknow when/ if episdoe 3 will come? and the files i downloaded were(btw i got epioe 1 to work)
1-2parts
maps
content
english
material

im getting a problem, ive done many things to get episode 2, i: copyed the winrar files, into steam apps, and my user, extracted to steamapps and user, mademy own episode 2 file, put it in my user, but im not getting the game, it disappears from the buy game list, but not in my owned game list! plz can someone help me:(:(:( i really want to play episode 2...and anyoneknow when/ if episdoe 3 will come? and the files i downloaded were(btw i got epioe 1 to work)
1-2parts
maps
content
english
material
To make it wotk you need
1- Get a cracked Steam,I recomend you this:
http://www.freesteam.org/forums/clients-cracks-launchers/11257-steamup-v2-1-4-oct-30th-2009-a.html
2- You need all the files for the game,here are all the files and you can download it from there:
http://zerocrackingpoint.ws/scms/app_entry.php?appid=420
download all exept the Chinese Health Warning.gcf
3- Copy all the files downloaded in the C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps

then it sould work fine :D

omg you are my hero thanks i was looking so badly for these files, thank you very much!

edit: i heard some people are getting problems with the textures, i have all the gcfs, do i will get texture problems?

edit 2: i got all the files for ep2, now when i go to steam ep2 is downloading, and download started at 82%, is that normal? Its downloading correctly im having no problems

omg you are my hero thanks i was looking so badly for these files, thank you very much!

edit: i heard some people are getting problems with the textures, i have all the gcfs, do i will get texture problems?

edit 2: i got all the files for ep2, now when i go to steam ep2 is downloading, and download started at 82%, is that normal? Its downloading correctly im having no problems

yo are welcome,and I downloaded the files from there and I dont have any textures problem so you shouldnt have it too :D

and that it is in 82% is ok

Ha i changed my ip six times in an hour but its gona be soooo worth it! And the texture errors ive been hearing about they arnt a big deal right i mean im just using this for gmod an a little fun on episode two!?!?

Materials dosent work? i enter correct password but if i try to extract/open i get: CRC Failed in the Encrypted file episode 2 materials.gcf (wrong password ?). i just need these materials to run EP2 but the file dosnt work. and that ZCP some files dont have any mirrors so dont go saying to download it off that.

k Downloading now... Fingers Crossed

Edit: Slow internet will finish in hour. gonna play some Sauerbraten.

Yeys! psuchris you deserve an interweb cookie. re-downloaded and worked fine. took a bit longer to download than i hoped but worked.

When I downloaded episode 2 part 1 I tried to extract it but it said I needed part 2 so I downloaded that to, but it still said I needed the other part.

Wait stupid question... do i have to dl all of them if i wana just fix 1 cause my episode 2 content one is erroring on install... so i though i would replace... but do i have to dl them all

What files do I need to ONLY install HL2: Episode 1? I have HL2 and HL2:DM...

EDIT: Actually, I can play it. The only problem is that most of the textures are missing and the game is full of ERROR signs. Any suggestions? I got:

base source engine 2.gcf
episode 1 shared.gcf (Part 1)
episode 1 shared.gcf (Part 2)
episodic 2007 shared.gcf
half-life 2 episode one.gcf

I already had HL2 and HL2: Deathmatch, so I didnt get that. Should I have to get the EP2 content? That doesnt make sense...

Help if possible.

What files do I need to ONLY install HL2: Episode 1? I have HL2 and HL2:DM...

EDIT: Actually, I can play it. The only problem is that most of the textures are missing and the game is full of ERROR signs. Any suggestions? I got:

base source engine 2.gcf
episode 1 shared.gcf (Part 1)
episode 1 shared.gcf (Part 2)
episodic 2007 shared.gcf
half-life 2 episode one.gcf

I already had HL2 and HL2: Deathmatch, so I didnt get that. Should I have to get the EP2 content? That doesnt make sense...

Help if possible.

trie validating the files and mayve they will auto-fix themselfs :D

trie validating the files and mayve they will auto-fix themselfs :D

With CFToolbox? To the most of my knowledge that doesnt work, but Ill try it...

Gaah. This is insane. Could someone tell me the files I need to download so that I am able to play Half-Life 2: Episode One? I tried getting all of the ones that it looked like I needed, as well as the source file and the episodic file, but is that it? I already have HL2 and HL2: Deathmatch, so I didnt download them.. Can someone PLEASE list the proper items? At one point it worked and I was able to load it, but with checkerboards and missing models and textures, but then it went back to 0% when I tried to correct this with CF Toolbox, so I dont know. Will someone just tell me which frieking GCFs to download?

With CFToolbox? To the most of my knowledge that doesnt work, but Ill try it...

Gaah. This is insane. Could someone tell me the files I need to download so that I am able to play Half-Life 2: Episode One? I tried getting all of the ones that it looked like I needed, as well as the source file and the episodic file, but is that it? I already have HL2 and HL2: Deathmatch, so I didnt download them.. Can someone PLEASE list the proper items? At one point it worked and I was able to load it, but with checkerboards and missing models and textures, but then it went back to 0% when I tried to correct this with CF Toolbox, so I dont know. Will someone just tell me which frieking GCFs to download?

to validate the files you have to enter to steam(patched) rigth click HL2EP1
and click properties then in the local files tab press verify integrity of game cache

I'm downloading the links, and so far, none of them are broken.
Keep up the good work :D

Edit:The HL2ep2Content part 2 is really slow...

Back