1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get modern warfare 2 on steam free

Discussion in 'Call of Duty Series' started by jkol22, September 3, 2010.

1. jkol22

jkol22 New Member

Hey guys and good evening. I am a noob to steam because i have used a mac for the past 4 years (before then i used a pc but didnt game on it) and i was wondering how to download modern warfare 2 for my pc free. It doesnt have to be from steam...i just want the game. I tried getting all the games using the undead patch (which worked in getting all the games but gave me errors everytime i tried to download anything). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!
    Jon

2. nogoodnms

nogoodnms FS Member

First, welcome to freesteam.
    Second, undead patch doesn't work anymore, use SteamUp or MiSteam.
    and I think you could find the .GCF files on here somewhere.

And now you're probably asking, "What's a .GCF file?"
    Just go to GCF&NCF games, and scroll DOWN.
    There should be a guide.

3. wad92

wad92 FS Member

I can't seem to find it here but im pretty sure GoldDrak has download links for it in his thread. Otherwise visit a warez site or download from a torrent. For multiplayer download and install alteriwnet patch.

4. Arcaian

Arcaian FS Member

Yeah, I know this is old, but for anyone looking alteriw.net (thats the web address) has a multiplayer torrent and server up - you won't get singleplayer from that one though.

5. Assassin94

Assassin94 FS Member

yep, i uploaded MW2 if you want, check m sig for the link to my thread

6. donkslayer82

donkslayer82 New Member

hey golddrak..whats the rar password for MiSteam????its asking for a pw when i try to unzip it with winrar.......