1,000 Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
After only a short time (not including server move), we've grown a lot and have already hit the 1,000 member mark again! FS has been around for a long time, and has it's ups and downs. Actually FS's 1 year was on October 1st. Most people have heard, or know about FS, but most people don't understand why we started. We didn't start to just be a site for steam cracking for the public. It all started for p3ng3l. He had his steam crack out called "Free Steam" so, I offered him web hosting, and a site to help him manage it and give better support than just a topic at rin. From there it grew quite quickly. In fact we had over 1,500 members in less than a week at opening. I was still was learning a lot about web sites, boards, and security, so the site didn't last long w/o being hacked. But, we kept going, and now today, we have what you see now. I feel it's pretty amazing how far we've come, but it has been one hell of a trip.

Although we have made a lot of promises, many of you don't know what goes on behind FS. You see what you see, but you don't know the conversations, e-mails, and other stuff that goes down. It's not that we didn't want to release a public cafe tool, it's that we really couldn't. We had no way to protect it, and Steam would patch it immediately. Many feel we are untrustworthy or full of empty promises. But you go through a week of what I do, and how my weeks use to be with 20 people at any one time talking to me, and trying to take care of sites, server, school, girlfriend, and other shit. Then tell me it's easy. We do try, all of us do, but we want our hard work, staff, admins, and everyone else who contributes to be able to have something that wont immediately be patched and have to start from square one.

For all those who have helped a long the way you are the reason FS is here today. The ONLY reason....
We hope we can continue to improve, get projects released, and other stuff out soon. Also, something for VIPs. We'll see though, because it will be a long road, but we hope to be back to the status of where we were.

Welcome all new members and all who have been around since the beginning. I give out a big thanks to you all, and can't wait for the next 1,000 to come!

Woot nice... Well.. Nice to see, that the FS community is back after the restart... ;) More posts and so on like before restart ;).

DAM!!
I remember in the last forums (long long time ago when we were using IPB),
we use to take screenshots of it and everyone would race to post the topic XD!
Well.. Congrats FreeSteam for reaching 1,000 members!!

Good job. But then again, 90% are probably leechers and never visit or post. I mean, how many people do you see that actually post something?

Good job. But then again, 90% are probably leechers and never visit or post. I mean, how many people do you see that actually post something?

This is true lol, just look at the member list, but none the less, Huge Congratulations! If you'r a real FS support though, you won't just come here for the releases :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back