Adding Friends

moneybags702

Hi,
I have Steam and have the free version of Half-Life 2 Deathmatch that I qualify for by having an ATI graphics card. I want to add friends on Steam, but it keeps saying that I have "a limited account" and to get rid of this I need to buy a game on Steam, redeem a gift card, or activate a retail game. So, how can I get my account from limited to full?

Thanks

One more thing. Turns out my family has "The Ship" which is a Steam game. Problem is it was installed on another account. This was a couple years ago so Steam and the game are not on the computer anymore, but I read that the key is only good for one account. Is there anyway I can have this transferred to a new account or will it work if I install it on a new account?
Thanks

no there is no way and no it will not work. if you log in with the steam name and password you will be able to install the game that way and it will work and you will be able to add friends and all that

Ok I'll try that. Thanks

EDIT:

Actually I am just going to log into my sisters account which has the game. But is there anyway to change the account name? Not the profile name, but the name you use when logging into the account.
Thanks