Bought used game, got screwed

Discussion in 'Support & Help' started by KojiroTakenashi, March 2, 2010.

1. KojiroTakenashi

KojiroTakenashi New Member

So, I bought a used copy of a Valve game. Apparently this is a big mistake - how was I supposed to know? I haven't had any hardware I could run games on for two years (thanks to the recession)!

So, I come here, and its far more geared towards "download and play" than I'm looking for, but this was the only resource I could find.

What the hell can I do, guys?

2. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

Contact steam support, say that you're getting a duplicate CD key error and give them your CD key and account name you were trying to sue it on.

3. KojiroTakenashi

How often does that work, though? Seems awfully lazy of them to be like that. Do they really not bother checking?

4. Jake

Jake Full Member

It's not instant,it will take around 2-7 days.

5. KojiroTakenashi

This is a total no-go - they want a valid retail receipt.

6. headpred

headpred FS Member

I have a way around that in a sense. I ran into the same problem once when I bought a dumb ass game called Alone In The Dark from a guy who got it from his brother and...never mind the story. Anyway there was no way of having the activation revoked. So I went to the store and bought a copy of the game, sent Atari a copy of the reciept. Once I sent a copy of the receipt I took the unopened game back to the store and got my money back.

7. psuchris

psuchris FS Member

lol that's pretty good but you have to cover up the date lol