1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can my cracked steam account can hurt my legit account?

Discussion in 'Support & Help' started by SilverRider, July 23, 2008.

1. SilverRider

SilverRider New Member

can my cracked steam account can hurt my legit account?
    and if so how?
    and how can i prevent it ?
    (because i want to buy the Orange Box {to install it in a legit account} and i cracked some of my accounts by many Steam "Patchers")
    Thanks

2. rushil01

rushil01 Maestro of Meyhem

look for a thread which tells you how to install steam in two places at once. then crack one version and make a new blank account to use with teh cracked client and just keep your legit account with the non cracked client.

You can get in trouble sometimes using the cracked clients, usually temp bans but these don't happen often.

3. SilverRider

SilverRider New Member

and if i used cracked steam before and dont use them anymore (theyre still in my comp)
    and then i buy games for a legit account is there any risk?

4. Echo419

Echo419 FS Owner

Just delete your clientregistry.blob before buying anything to make sure there is no risk, otherwise yes.

5. Fenny

Fenny Full Member

Well, call me paranoid, but If you are messing around with Cafe stuff, you should never do it from the same IP as with your legitimate account. (and yes Delete CR.blob) I have managed to keep my legitimate account since I made it (4 years ago) by this method.

6. XxDementeixX

XxDementeixX FS Member

"23rd July 2008"
    GTFO FENNY! :D

7. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

Short answer no.
    Long answer yes.

8. Krzywy

Krzywy Moderator

Thare is IP ban button over there xD

9. Fenny

Fenny Full Member

Krzywy, that is true.

10. joppe322

joppe322 New Member

steam havent done anything to my account even ive used cracker and legit on same computer

11. dannybooyy

dannybooyy FS Member

no.. if you crack steam with a ligit account..you can still play online with the legit games.. but you can not buy games ob a cracked account....