CF Toolbox Updates Thread (REQUEST HERE)

gvazdas

FS Member
(MOVED)CF Toolbox Updates Thread (REQUEST HERE)

Hey guys! I noticed that we have the program called CF Toolbox, but we don't have a Updates Thread for people who have outdated .GCFs or .NCFs.
I suggest we put this thread to a sticky since a lot of people want their games up-to-date.
PLEASE LOOK AT THIS FIRST:
http://freesteam.org/forums/tools-resources/4202-cf-toolbox-v1-0-10-must-have-steamcooker.html

Tutorial Number 1:
Updating your outdated file!
After you have downloaded CF toolbox, you maybe have this on a file or two in your Steamapps:
tut1g.jpg

Also, when you go to your Steam and in this case, you can't launch Garry's Mod nor update it because you are cracked. So, the only solution is ask someone for an update so you can launch the game. Here is what you have to do:
1. Right-click the outdated file,go to patches and left click Make Archive.
tut2f.jpg

After that is done, the file will be in your steam/steamapps folder.
2. Upload the file ( for example on mediafire.com ) and wait for someone to give you the patch. Download it.
3. Apply the patch to your game .gcf or .ncf file.
3 step 1:
Right-click the outdated file, patches and then left click Apply Update.
tut3v.jpg

3 step 2:
Find the .update file the uploader gave you and use it.
tut4s.jpg

Wait until it finishes...
tut5j.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS! You succesfully updated your outdated file and can now play your outdated game (depends)!

Tutorial Number 2:
Uploading patches for someone else!
So, someone really needs a game updated. For example in my case, the person who needs help has half-life 2 content.gcf outdated. So, if you want to be his personal hero, you have to help him. Here is how:
First of all, to help the person, you MUST receive his archive, or else you can't help him. It is CRITICAL.
Also, make sure your file (the .gcf in this case) is at 100%, or else you won't update his game fully.
0. Download the archive of his outdated file.
1. Right-click file he needs updating (in this case, the file is half-life 2 content.gcf), Patches and left click Make Update.
tut6g.jpg

When that is done, the file will be in your steam/steamapps folder. Upload it (any host is good, but mediafire.com is the best because download limit is limitless and no waiting times) and then reply to that person and give him the link.
Congratulations! You just saved a person's nerve!
Oh, and after your file is updated, don't forget to say thanks!

Guys, I only have source games. But almost all of them. Here is the list:
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Garry's Mod
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode one
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Portal
Team Fortress 2

So, if you post a required update that are one of these games, I will respond soon.
My timeline is GMT +02:00 and this post was made at 21:44 at my time.
Try to adjust requests in my timeline.
I am active at this time (NOTE: Use the correct timeline, not your timeline!):
Work days (Summer):
From 10 to 12 AM to 21 PM.
Holidays (Summer):
From 8 to 10 AM to 21 or maybe even 22 PM.

After the summer, my activity will be different due to school and work.

Oh, and also, if the mods are interested in this, please PM me, I also need to make another thread for archives.
I would also like this thread to be a sticky since I put a lot of work into it.

EDIT:
I think this has to be moved to GCF sharing.
I'm not sure yet. Mods please move it if I'm right.

Back