Changes Coming Soon - Need Input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of the changes coming soon, or are possibilities for FreeSteam.

[ Please leave feedback, suggestions, ideas, and or any other comments you may have. ]

#1) Offering an advertising and better affiliation program. Advertising may be purchased per month and displayed where the buyer requests and pays for. This will bring in additional revenue to hopefully help pay for the server. Also, we are going to improve our affiliation program and offer to any site who will link-back to us. The site must be approved on content, however, exceptions will be made in certain cases.

#2) The skin under development is just about finished and from there it will be made for public approval and edits/modifications can be made as they approved by staff. I think you will all be highly impressed.
Latest Screenshot: http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w311/HaX4LiFe/steam/FS-Skin-1.jpg

#3) Additional staff may be brought onto the team. We are always looking for experienced coders to do work for our site and if you are interested please contact me asap. English is of course, required. Also, a new moderator or 2 may be requested coming soon.
#3a) A new team of advertisers may also be created. These members specific job is to refer members and post links to FS in their signature, threads, e-mails, and any other place they can think of.

#4) I have considered the idea of adding a credits/points system, taking another step to make this board more than just about Steam downloads. However, I still need to speak to Echo about this, but your input is appreciated.

#5) Offering freebies every weekend. Including direct downloads (Normally about $2 a game) and other free things like donator membership. There will be competitions and other things to determine winners such as gfx designing banners and sigs for FS, referral comps. and other ideas may come up for things we find.

--- As always we need new cafe certificates, if you can obtain them you will be given access to our cafe system. If you provide 2 working certificates you and 2 other friends can get free access. [ Contact me for details ] ---

[ Please leave feedback, suggestions, ideas, and or any other comments you may have. ]

- Signed, WorldWarIII
- The FreeSteam Project Management

New addition:
-The GCFs/NCFs will be modified while some other changes and update verifications are made on FS. The GCF section will be updated to make it far easier to use and offer the most mirrors possible.
-Uploading team would be nice for providing more mirrors for GCFs.

haha you shouldn't have said that mod thingy. Now your gonna get flooded with requests. Oh and with the freebies... you can't really WIN being a donator so im guessing by donator you mean VIP?

I could always do the advertising job which i am actually already doing. Also i agree with rushil that people will get crazy about being mods. Just choose some people that this community thanks for being members of it. ( not saying myself). Possible mods could be erix but he is already coder, rushil seems a good idead also iso has helped a bit around.

Hopefully a few of these changes, especially the GCF/NCF section modifications will be put into place tomorrow.

What ever happened to that Magazine idea? That was hot when you put it down on paper... make it happen.

We have a whole other thing that will go with that. Essentially, build the base. Then also have our content as well. So it has not been forgotten!

GCFs section updated. More work still to be done.

Very nice WW3. I honor you with something I wish I had to give to you, oh wait. I'll donate! ^_^ Next paycheck. I'll donate like 101$ :D

Very nice WW3. I honor you with something I wish I had to give to you, oh wait. I'll donate! ^_^ Next paycheck. I'll donate like 101$ :D

Of course, much love! That will get our server payment for this month. Thanks a lot :)

Many donations from members like you are what keep this site alive most of the time.

Ok, as of now. Visitor messaging is disabled due to the spam / abuse of the system.

A few more updates will go on a little later, including some forum changes, and also affiliates mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back