Check if something is bottlenecking

mise56

these are my speccs:

Processor: AMD Phenom2 X4 965 3,4GHz Black Edition with Corsair Cooling Hydro H70 CPU-cooler

Memory:Corsair 4GB (2x2048MB) 1600MHz DOMINATOR GT DHX+||||| 2 of these so 8GB total with Corsair Airflow Fan Version 2 cooling

GFX card: XFX Radeon HD5970 2GB Black Edition(Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 5970)

Harddrive: Corsair SSD Force Series 120GB 2.5"

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Power supply: XFX Black Edition 850W

Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX

Screens: 2x BenQ G2420HDB FULL HD 24"

Now personally i thought this was gonna be an AWESOME rig but something cant be right since i cant run for example lost planet 2 on everything maxed including AA and such without lag. so im guessing something is bottlenecking or i have fucked it up totally with everything :( any oppinions ?

Dang how much did that setup cost? And yeah like Fallen said make sure you have all of your drivers updated.

1)Did
GFX card: XFX Radeon HD5970 2GB Black Edition(Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 5970)
come with install disks
If so install all drivers on disk

2)Install DirectX 9-11
This sometimes causes good computer to lagg so try this also.

While this thread is somewhat dead...

1) Don't install drivers from discs. Always download the latest drivers for your hardware from the manufacturers website.

2) DirectX 11 should be installed with aforementioned drivers.

3) You really should consider getting a storage HDD drive as well.

Looks like a very good system, Better than mine. Like noodle said always download the latest drivers form the web. You might need to use the CD for networking drivers however.

Your cpu is is bottlenecking, but not by much, I would say this a pretty balanced system, maybe add more ram for the future, great time anyways, it's really cheap.

the amount of RAM you have compared to evrything else is not enough if you ask me. RAM is definitely holding u back, other than that most of the hardware is well balanced.

Back