CS:S Stand Alone Map Help

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by headpred, June 1, 2010.

1. headpred

headpred FS Member

I created a counter strike source stand alone. Problem is I also downloaded some maps from a different website. Now I do not have the internet at home so I can't update and all that other stuff. Problem is my downloaded maps don't work because I am missing models, props, and textures from two other maps. Cs_militia and de_nuke. I have surfed the entire web it seems and all I can get for these two maps is the .bsp and the .nav files. Can someone please help me get all the models textures and props for these maps. I would do something in return if I can.

2. Jake

Jake Full Member

It's impossible to miss models for official maps.
    Unless you somehow managed to remove some parts of GCF.

3. headpred

headpred FS Member

Ok, but when I made this stand alone I made double of everything. I even made a back up of all the gcf's that I had. When I use gcfscape and just search through the gcf's I do not find the missing maps. However, I do have a question for you so let me begin. I took an external hard drive to a friends house who had the internet and let him install it. I took the external hard drive home and used gcfscape and steamemu to make the stand alone. Is it possible that he did not allow the game to update before I took the hard drive home? Because so far from my research I have noticed that those two maps weren't released when the game came out and I had purchased the Counter Strike: Source game from wal-mart so he did the install from disk which could be outdated correct? If all this is true how the hell can I get those maps and all their props and models? I suppose someone would have to be nice and make copies for me. What I am missing is those two maps and all their materials. For example models/props/de_nuke/crate I think this would be an easy fix if someone could go through their files searcing for de_nuke and cs_milita and just copy all of them including the skybox's.