CSS Framerate

Reflector

It's now my turn to come to the community for help ;)

System (Current)

P4 3.2ghz
Ram 1gb Kingston
GFX Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition - Custom Drivers - NGO based on catalyst 7.2's

I think thats all you need to know for my question.

So I play alot of CS:S and I use to run the game 60+fps all the time. But as many of you know, Valve released shitty updates that just flatten your fps. But over the last 2 years... my fps has really gone to shit. Basically I'm running the game at max everything (which I remind you before was 60+fps) 6xaa 16xaf without HDR lighting at a resolution of 1240x1024. My framerate is between 25-60(max)fps on a normal 20player server. It averages at about 30fps. I want to know if there's ANYTHING I can do to help get my fps back the way they were.

List of things I've already tried:
1. Numerous GFX drivers - However if you have the same card and get fps, please let me know what drivers you are using.

2. Turn down settings - Surprisingly I get maybe a 10fps+ in some areas, other than that, the game actually performs WORSE then maxed out.

3. Already reformated (serveral times :mad:)

4. Heapsize and hunkmegs - already tried

5. Get a new PC - This is coming later in the years but for now this is what I have.

And alot of other smaller things :rolleyes:

I'm really stuck for answers, please help :)

We don't support ATi here.
Echo, Stfu lol. Mr. nVidia is my god.

An X800 should treat you nicely, 60 FPS should be no problem. I got a 9800 Pro, and do maybe 20-40 depending. Then I spike a lot, but I can still play decently. Something has to be wrong HW wise. I would suggest trying to use default ATI drivers, make sure everything on your PC is updated, including windows, motherboard as well. If you use ABit MB, you'll be set, but I'm not too sure on any others.

Echo, Stfu lol. Mr. nVidia is my god.

An X800 should treat you nicely, 60 FPS should be no problem. I got a 9800 Pro, and do maybe 20-40 depending. Then I spike a lot, but I can still play decently. Something has to be wrong HW wise. I would suggest trying to use default ATI drivers, make sure everything on your PC is updated, including windows, motherboard as well. If you use ABit MB, you'll be set, but I'm not too sure on any others.

Well I just Flashed my BIOS yesterday, the latest version is still from 2005 :confused:

I don't like the official drivers now. I went to the latest release and lost about 20fps. That's because all of amd/ati's new drivers are being focused on their new line of cards and crossfire. As of current I play between 20-60(max)fps on like a 10 vs 10 server. Oh and my motherboard is ASUS p4p800. I got my memory set to "Accelerate" and my system performance set to "Turbo". Would hyper threading have anything to do with it?

It's now my turn to come to the community for help ;)

System (Current)

P4 3.2ghz
Ram 1gb Kingston
GFX Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition - Custom Drivers - NGO based on catalyst 7.2's

I think thats all you need to know for my question.

So I play alot of CS:S and I use to run the game 60+fps all the time. But as many of you know, Valve released shitty updates that just flatten your fps. But over the last 2 years... my fps has really gone to shit. Basically I'm running the game at max everything (which I remind you before was 60+fps) 6xaa 16xaf without HDR lighting at a resolution of 1240x1024. My framerate is between 25-60(max)fps on a normal 20player server. It averages at about 30fps. I want to know if there's ANYTHING I can do to help get my fps back the way they were.

List of things I've already tried:
1. Numerous GFX drivers - However if you have the same card and get fps, please let me know what drivers you are using.

2. Turn down settings - Surprisingly I get maybe a 10fps+ in some areas, other than that, the game actually performs WORSE then maxed out.

3. Already reformated (serveral times :mad:)

4. Heapsize and hunkmegs - already tried

5. Get a new PC - This is coming later in the years but for now this is what I have.

And alot of other smaller things :rolleyes:

I'm really stuck for answers, please help :)

lol you have a p4 and 1gb of ram ! :D lol what do you expect with everything at maxed out, lol, consider yourself lucky with your 30fps, upgrade your cpu and add some more ram, im pretty sure valve didnt change anything that could dramatically change the performence as they only tend to increase it with the updates, good luck

lol you have a p4 and 1gb of ram ! :D lol what do you expect with everything at maxed out, lol, consider yourself lucky with your 30fps, upgrade your cpu and add some more ram, im pretty sure valve didnt change anything that could dramatically change the performence as they only tend to increase it with the updates, good luck

Valve is shit with updates, like I said. Basically when I installed this new x800 xt pe, I was upgrading from a Radeon 9600se. When I ran the stress test the first time, everything maxed (but on 1024x768) I got 140fps. Ever since then, the updates have just decreased my performance :(

i just got a new computer, which is why im back on css. by default everything was set to high, and tha anti aliasing was set to 2x. i was having framerate issues on certain maps, so i turned off the anti aliasing and it runs perfectly! jus remember to check your default settings, because sometimes they may not be that great. hope this helps anyone

Wiht my lil' GeForce (nVidia) 7300 GS in CS 1.6 i get easy 100+ 150 atm!
Maybe set you're resolution 1 down... Anyone knows a site with like benchmarks so u set it to ur Vid. Card and the game and see you're FPS?

P.S:
My (spoiled) friend got a 8800GTX for his b'day, he makes 900 fckn FPS!

Lol @ your spex my older comp 3.2gHz,1gb DDR2, x600 radeon gfx card gives me a solid 70 fps. O,o just tune down some of the advanced video options.

lol P4 and 1GB of ram at high settings.. you must be joking man :)

This program helps me a lot in Cs 1.6 = gameplay is much much better and smoother, and stable FPS. Maybe you wanna try it on CS:S??? But make sure that you have your monitor drivers installed

Here is the website of the program called RefreshLock: RefreshLock Home Page

Faster Frames per second ...

* Quick & easy refresh rate optimization on Windows NT/2000/XP, and refresh rate overriding on Windows 95/98/98SE/Me
* No registry modification necessary
* Should function on any monitor, any graphics card, and with any driver versions
* Program does not require installation of any kind
* Negligible CPU usage
* Low memory usage
* Sophisticated Timing & Safety features
* Ability to actually lower refresh rates as well as increase them, if software causes display corruption
* Program can run on startup
* System tray quick access to
o A mode selector, with added abilities to change modes without destroying the desktop or reconfiguring your machine
o Advanced Display Properties
o Instantly activate your ScreenSaver
o Screen Blanker
o Monitor DPMS Off & Standby features
* System tray icon can be hidden if necessary

Thanks man, I'll give it a try! Atm I've got everything max included aa, af and resolution. and I've tweaked it to run about 30+ average :)

yer there was a update that added the use of 16xaf and 8xaf if you look theres other settings that dont have the x in it try that.

To fix your CSS FPS, do the following.

- Go to your Services and disable all unnecessary services.
- Adjust for best performance
- Run in windowed mode in 800X600.

Back