Do you ever REGRET being a gamer?

nimkal

FS Member
Sorry to bring this up you guys.. its not always the best thing to talk about... but right now I'm in a stage of my life where im finally receiving the "damage" from all those hours I spent into games during my life (mostly CS and DotA) ... I could probably even say that if u put all the hours together of time spent playing games... Out of the passed 8 years I have 2-3 years of it non stop gaming...

Sometimes I wonder all the things I could of been doing instead.. The worse part is that all the gaming hours were spread apart so it really affected my life during the past 8 years.

When I was younger it was great! it was really fun and good! from the age 0-16 i dont really regret... its good! but from 17 to 22(today) ... I regret.

I definitely regret it. It takes way too much time but it's really fun. I don't usually play single player games but when I do I will play through a game with someone while talking to them over Vent. But I like multiplayer games better cuz then I'm actually playing with other people and I don't feel like I'm wasting time because it's more fun with other people. But yeah I've definitely looked back and thought of all the things that I could have accomplished in the time I spent gaming.

I definitely regret it. It takes way too much time but it's really fun. I don't usually play single player games but when I do I will play through a game with someone while talking to them over Vent. But I like multiplayer games better cuz then I'm actually playing with other people and I don't feel like I'm wasting time because it's more fun with other people. But yeah I've definitely looked back and thought of all the things that I could have accomplished in the time I spent gaming.

I really understand what youre saying.. I was the leader of a CS clan for like over 4 years.. and I owned a vent server myself... and later we all became DotA players...
it really makes it more fun and u keep it gaming!! only now we are all spread out and now that i dont game that much im realizing how much im behind in my life

Not realy i can controll myself :D

And that is the problem with me!!! or more like the problem I had almost all my life... I have no self control!! I will go on and go on.. my friend also is a gamer but he has self control just like you...
I am not the type at all... You dont even know how many times in my life I deleted and reinstalled my games whenever it came to exams lol.. it was like the only way

I personally regret playing games, it became my life; ladies hate it. I'm lucky i have a girlfriend that respects me for whom i am.

From my very first pc game back in 2005 (when i was 11) till now in 2011 (i'm 17) just very despressing to me.

I never heard of a video game, even a pc game untill i was 9... I lived in Israel for my first part of my life, then moving to the United States and getting citizenship.

I <3 the freesteam community, and wish to comment to stuff every chance i have.

And no [FS]psuchris, you wish i did love you too xD.

Every day of my life...ive been gaming since n64 came out... I missed out on many good things in life. I didn't allow a lot of people to get to know me better. I sacrificed much of my life and health. For what? A digital world in which ican only live in while im living with my parents? If i move out then i will be in trouble as a gamer...Life is hard. And life taught me that you can either have a social life or a gaming life. These combined don't make a good combination if you want to get far. This is cz people will always be hating and you just can't forget it. You can't game to forget and feel epic cz you own thr noobs. Life has no noobs. It has pu**ies that make your life hard. After 14 y/o gaming starts harming you. Thats how i decided to hang up my mouse.

over the last month, I have looked at how I was going at life
when I was dropped from school I spent 20 hours a day playing games and 4 hours sleeping for 8 months strait, now I feel like im all gamed out
the funnest of games bore the hell out of me, and I cant even stay focused from the 5 pots of coffee I would drink in a day
I spent 4 days after that sleeping off the addiction I grew from coffee and then I never touched the xbox again
and the couch I almost never left was junked. I am now trying to learn people. something I should have done years back,
I cant talk 4 words without messing up and every time I try to speak to someone I sound like a jabbering fool.
I cant act like its nice to meet people for I dont know how, I always have a strait face. and I always look like im about to kill someone.

video game's may have impacted my life more then I would have ever thought,
But still I say it was the best god damn year of my life!

At time i do, not having to much of a social life, vs some people i know but it has also been really fun, playing video games, Multiplayer a matter of fact or talking to people on ventrio for singel player games. But at times i fell life is flying past me.

(im 15)

video games are a part of my life, and I plan to develop games in the future.

I don't regret playing them at all.

video games are a part of my life, and I plan to develop games in the future.

I don't regret playing them at all.

Good answer, seeing as im considering furthering an education in Multimedia and games are the fastest growing media industry out there i dont regret it either, all this time i wasn't slacking off, ive been doing my homework

Good answer, seeing as im considering furthering an education in Multimedia and games are the fastest growing media industry out there i dont regret it either, all this time i wasn't slacking off, ive been doing my homework
Same here. i still do my homework, but video games just happen to be a big part of my life. Maybe it's because my general interests in things other than video games are directly related to video game development, maybe not. (i think it is)

For people who love video games, it's simple, in my opinion. You do what you love. If you missed out on opportunities, it was most likely because you considered the video games more important than those missed opportunities.

an event going on and you missing it over video games is somthing,
but I tried some "events" other then gaming.
I think I lost all respect to my president and found out what girls at my school are... most needy?
but anyway it was not the best time I ever had and I dont think I will ever talk to that bus driver again.

gaming can lead to missing out on the good times yes,
but what about the bad times?

I don't regret a moment my gaming life, while I may spend 10+ hours a day gaming I decided long ago to take this out of my sleep pattern as opposed to my studies or social life. As such I have an amazing girlfriend who understands who I am. Oh and I play a bucketload of musical instruments. In short, gaming hasn't really affected my life.

Gaming is just a hobby. My mother comes home from work and will have some food and watch t.v. Then she'll go to bed at around 10:00 or 11:00. That is no different from coming home from work, grabbing some food and gaming until that time. Most of the population in the UK do something similiar with a television so its normal for people to do the same thing but with a console or a computer. If you have issues with playing games then clearly you should find a different hobby. As with the girlfriend thing mentioned before, i'm constantly on my pc and i have a girlfriend as well (the idea is that you dont invite your girlfriend to watch you play games, you go to hers). If you can't stand being away from the computer to visit your girlfriend then i might suggest this link: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Your-Girlfriend-to-Play-Video-Games

The happiest time of my life was when i was 16, in college, playing games in a clan. It was great. No regrets, i'd do it again.

Sometimes I hate the fact I've spend too much time gaming and just spending my life with people online.. :) But well the solution is simple, going out sometimes.

Hmmm . . . Well, not much. I can control myself pretty good when it comes to 'videogaming' but I have to admit I'm not very good at keeping in line when it comes to 'Life' , but yeah . . . Gaming gives me an excuse to get out of the shit that spins around in my life.
I only regret that iam a gamer when i look at women.
Meh, I was never much of a 'ladies man' anyways, games have just managed to keep me home and not out on the streets with some of my 'dodgy' mates.

Back