Forging an Email by MT

deltatsunami

This is fairly common knowledge, though some people might not know this. Might come in handy some day when you're phishing. :D) This tutorial was made by MT (aka deltatsunami)... feel free to rip it like a douchebag.

Basically, you want to establish a connection to an SMTP server. Normally, they are using port 25. After you find a host, fire up console (or cmd in Windows), and type in
Code:
telnet mail.host.com 25
or whatever port/host that you are using. Any decent ISP will also allow you to use their mail server. I'm using SBCGlobal (aka ATT) for my ISP, so I would type in
Code:
telnet mail.sbcglobal.net 25

After you have made a connection to the SMTP server, we will have to greet it by typing the following command:
Code:
helo nigger
or if that doesn't work
Code:
ehlo nigger

After you have greeted the server, you may begin the sending of the email. Type in MAIL FROM:<whoever you want to send from>. Example:

Code:
MAIL FROM:[email protected]

If everything has worked well from here, the server should respond with a "sender okay" (or a message similar to that). Afterwards, you type RCPT TO:<whoever your recipient is>. Example:

Code:
(yes, thats my email account :D)

Afterwards, type in data and then for the email subject, type subject:<subject>, and continue typing your message. When you're done, end the email by typing a period on a line by itself.

Example:
Code:
data
subject:Hello
I wish to transfer $1 million USD to your bank account. Please contact my secret email address at [email protected] and enter your bank account information for the transaction

Afterwards, the message should send. If not, turn off your AV's resident protection (it monitors your connection at port 25). Sometimes, you might have to type quit in order to send your message.

Well, there you have it! A simple forged email. Of course, whoever wants to see where the message was generated can always view the entire header and look at the SMTP server, but since most people are stupid these days, probably only 1 out of 99 people will.

Happy forgin'!

~MT

rofl and if we don't know our mail server? :p

EDIT: i typed telnet mail.host.com 25 into CMD and it didn't work... it said Telnet is not a recognised batch command or some shit like that :p

just thought others would like to know

good point. In vista, you have to enable it in Control panel > programs and feature. Look for "Microsoft Telnet Client"