1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freesteam Hamachi Network

Discussion in 'The Chat' started by Reflector, October 29, 2007.

?

Should we started a respected FS hamachi server?

1. Yes - A Good Idea

27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. No - Don't Think It Will Work

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. Reflector

Reflector Full Member

Well for those of you who are familiar with hamachi, you'll know what I'm getting at, those who aren't, go here

www.hamachi.cc

and read up about it.

I reckon it could be a good way to start a small private community chat, ie only respected/trust worthy users would be issued the password to it. We could use it to share files and/or releases and basically just have a place for people to come talk directly to eachother without the use of an instant messenger.

If anyones interested or the FS admins/owners think it could be a good idea, please say so. I MIGHT be able to host a full time server due to never having my computer turned off, but ill wait to see what sort of response I get from the community first.

2. derek48838

derek48838 New Member

It won't work, trusting this many computers to get into my computer, not happening.

3. Concealed Weapon

Concealed Weapon New Member

true that. you might as well just have irc channel brother

4. that_guy

that_guy FS Member

i think it's a good idea.

and derek he said for the trusted people with a password. can't be that bad

5. Acren

Acren New Member

Why not just IRC and save the risk completely?

6. killyou

killyou New Member

I think it's a good idea. so people can chat much quicker and better. I have heard
    that there is some CSS hack with hamachi that if you are banned then you can somehow
    use hamachi to bypass the VAC2 servers or somthing like that and you can play while
    being banned.

7. skoop_steam

skoop_steam New Member

its sounds like a great dream but i think it need to be a dream other peopel on my pc no ty
    this is just not safe if you understand what i mean you can do to much damage to other peopels pc's it could be cool but it just need to be a dream
    :(
    but again cool dream and i gonna vote yes becuse
    :)

8. Ganan

Ganan In Good Standing

For use this i think is better use another program how Irc for example.
    їWhy use a hamachi for chat? the program is not made for that even it have a chat, and how i say before use it i prefer use Irc or something like that.

9. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

That's what CAC is for.

10. Reflector

Reflector Full Member

Wow, I thought this topic had gone dead :O Ah well. If you guys are keep at still setting up an Irc (or hamachi) do it. I have no experience with Irc so someone else would have to set it up.

11. TT_Junior

TT_Junior FS Member

I think everybody knows that Hamachi is virused...