FS Client (FSC) - v1.66

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WorldWarIII

If you have any suggestions, or bugs, report/submit them.
A lot of bugs should be fixed from before.

Version: v1.66
Date: February 20th 2008
Includes

• Steam Launch / Login
• Steam / Local Information
• Steam Bypasses (x3)
• Downloads + DL Info
• App Launch
• Steam News
• Auto Updater
• VIP section Added
• Info built in

Changes since v1.63
-Downloads finished
-Applaunch fixed
-VIP section added
-Internal application information added
-Auto updater changed for better overall usage

Note: Downloads should be 100% working, app launch 100% working.

.Net Framework files available > Here < [Place all files in your Windows\System32 directory]

Download Mirror #1

Attachments

• FSC.zip
    603.7 KB · Views: 225
VIP Logins is the login for VIPS, what they got here at forum. But in the VIP Area @ Client there is nothing atm. But soon will be something added.

Next update to include:
- Updates to VIP section.
- Adding: News section, off server so it will be up 24/7. So when network errors like the ones going on now occur, you can still be notified of changes.
- Other minor fixes / changes.
- Code optimization.

This will be the official release of v1.7

suggestions:
-when installing steam with the client after it installs the setup file should be deleted off of the desktop
error list:
- when reverting valve hardware survey bypass message is *successfully set the registry value to bypass surveys* (that should only appear when loading bypass)
-when loading steam password bypass i get "bypass not loaded, or back-up file does not exist / failed to be created"
-in *FSC Information / Details* the freesteam.org link doesn`t work
-i hit download + install steam...it says downloading failed to download from steam servers attempting to download from FS server...but meanwhile the steaminstall.msi already appears on my desktop...so i hit ok and get an unhandled exception sayin that it could not complete the operation since a file already exists in this path `steamInstall.msi`.
- i log in with the quick steam login thing...then i log out, i then pushed the update/change dir button then tried logging in again and quick launching a game but then i got an unhandled error exception saying *file not found*..so i just have to restart program and everything works again
-downloads only in clients section are downloadable
-when Vac 2 bypass download is selected there`s a written error *...VAc2 Secured Server until you?re ingame...* it should be *you`re* i`m guessing

...that was exhausting

Can you make the next version compatible with VM's (via the Packer) so i can run it under linux?

suggestions:
-when installing steam with the client after it installs the setup file should be deleted off of the desktop
error list:
- when reverting valve hardware survey bypass message is *successfully set the registry value to bypass surveys* (that should only appear when loading bypass)
-when loading steam password bypass i get "bypass not loaded, or back-up file does not exist / failed to be created"
-in *FSC Information / Details* the freesteam.org link doesn`t work
-i hit download + install steam...it says downloading failed to download from steam servers attempting to download from FS server...but meanwhile the steaminstall.msi already appears on my desktop...so i hit ok and get an unhandled exception sayin that it could not complete the operation since a file already exists in this path `steamInstall.msi`.
- i log in with the quick steam login thing...then i log out, i then pushed the update/change dir button then tried logging in again and quick launching a game but then i got an unhandled error exception saying *file not found*..so i just have to restart program and everything works again
-downloads only in clients section are downloadable
-when Vac 2 bypass download is selected there`s a written error *...VAc2 Secured Server until you?re ingame...* it should be *you`re* i`m guessing

...that was exhausting
I will look into all of these errors asap.
I think I may know the download error.
I will remove the update directory.
I know the error already from memory for the SteamInstall.msi thing.
I think I may know the issue for the password bypass.

Can you make the next version compatible with VM's (via the Packer) so i can run it under linux?
I will modify the packer to allow it to be run in VM ware.

All updates are nearly completed and v1.70 should be released tomorrow.

As of now, new features include the following:
- VAC2 Updates
- Network News (Off Server)
- VIP Addition

Fixes include:
- Downloads Tab, all downloads now working
- Downloading Steam Installer
- FSC Information Changed
- Password bypass modified
- Some code removed (worthless)
- Some code has been optimized to work better or to remove unneeded areas of it
- Fixed messages for the bypasses