Games I can play with current computer specs

ThaChamp432

Now I dont have a great computer since i got this in 2005 so its pretty old. I just want to know those what games I can play on this computer thats steam related. I got games like Condition zero, Counter strike and half life and max payne but I want to play a few other games and ive tried games like counter strike source and midnight club 2 but there slow on this comp. So here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack3
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 502MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Graphic Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Display Memory: 96.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

wow if you lag with css then there arent many you can play lol. try all the half-life source games like team fortress classic and day of defeat, etc. you could also play the id software games like the dooms, quakes, and wolfensteins (not the new one)

If you wanna buy a new graka...try the Sapphire X1600Pro it shoult work in your System and can run CSS and others.

You can't play too much games without lagging like crap. Upgrade to 1GB Ram and a Sapphire X1650 Pro Graphics Card and you'll move on a bit.

Build yourself a new computer, Pentium 4 isn't worth updating in this day and age.

I would suggest:

Athlon II X4 with appropriate motherboard (or AM3+ for Bulldozer)
4 or 8 gigs of DDR3 1600mhz
GTX 560 ti/ AMD Radeon 6950
Samsung F3 1TB HDD for games + SSD for windows/apps
Case of your choice.
Quality PSU from XFX/Antec/Corsair/Seasonic/Silverstone/OCZ

Buy a new comp, usually you want a new one after around 3-4 years or at least upgrade, I suggest an AMD based build if you a have tight budget

Back