GCF Tut

flv1333

FS Member
Ok, I thougth that it might be time for me to contribute a little to the FreeSteam Community.​

This is my first Tutorial ever so please go easy on me guys!​
This is just one of the ways to make the games work.​

So here is a small TUT on how you can get the GCF’s to work.

First you’ll want to download Steam from the Valve website, and open a blank account (Account without games).

Next grab the FSC from FreeSteam.org (make sure it’s the latest Version!). Using the FSC download a Steam Cracker. (I use the P3ng3l Steam Launcher).

Now Find the GCF file of the game you wish to play. Place that file in your steam Apps folder.

Now open the p3ng3l launcher and then open Steam, Login and enjoy.

Yous should include links to the tools you were mentioning so you get less questions from the people that are new here. Also screenshots would help.

I have a question I got the .gcf files for Team Fortress 2... Put them in the Steam Apps folder, Logged into (Cracked) Steam went to the "Not Yet Installed" category clicked install got the little Steam Servers to busy... blah blah blah... :/ it's in my Installed Category... and it says "Download Starting"... and it just sits there like that... so I go to the bathroom come back like 5-10 minutes later and it still says "Download Starting"... where did I go wrong? yes I restarted Steam (Cracked)... PLEASE HELP!I really wanna figure this out... :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(

I have a question I got the .gcf files for Team Fortress 2... Put them in the Steam Apps folder, Logged into (Cracked) Steam went to the "Not Yet Installed" category clicked install got the little Steam Servers to busy... blah blah blah... :/ it's in my Installed Category... and it says "Download Starting"... and it just sits there like that... so I go to the bathroom come back like 5-10 minutes later and it still says "Download Starting"... where did I go wrong? yes I restarted Steam (Cracked)... PLEASE HELP!I really wanna figure this out... :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(

You can't download most games from cracked steam, what gcfs did u put into your steam apps folder?

This might sound retarded but if u download that and go to a different computer will it still work? i need to know cause i have 4 different computers all over.

Ok, I thougth that it might be time for me to contribute a little to the FreeSteam Community.​

This is my first Tutorial ever so please go easy on me guys!​
This is just one of the ways to make the games work.​

So here is a small TUT on how you can get the GCF’s to work.

First you’ll want to download Steam from the Valve website, and open a blank account (Account without games).

Next grab the FSC from FreeSteam.org (make sure it’s the latest Version!). Using the FSC download a Steam Cracker. (I use the P3ng3l Steam Launcher).

Now Find the GCF file of the game you wish to play. Place that file in your steam Apps folder.

Now open the p3ng3l launcher and then open Steam, Login and enjoy.

Where do u find the GCF file? i have undead patch and i cant find it.

Seems like your missing a few steps that i was looking for:

Next grab the FSC from FreeSteam.org
is this the "50 posts" thing that i have to wait to get?

Now Find the GCF file of the game you wish to play.
Where would i get these GCF files? With source games cant you just get the NCF files, with LEFT4DEAD, dont i just need the sounds files + the NCF files and steam will do the rest????

thx in advance :D