GCFs from torrents?

Disciple

I'm just getting started with all of this, and I've got my patched steam working.

I was wondering if people generally get GCFs from torrents?

I mostly just see links to download sites.

Is this the only way to get these files?

Thanks.

you would rather have torrents? lol i like direct links better. if someone made a torrent then you could use it lol but nobody uses torrents for this stuff.

they should it is faster than please wait 40 secs, u can only download 1 thing at a time,u have reached ur maximum download limmit for today u know just torrents are less of a hassle

they should it is faster than please wait 40 secs, u can only download 1 thing at a time,u have reached ur maximum download limmit for today u know just torrents are less of a hassle

Agree to an extent, Torrenting runs on peers sharing there files. First, You have the uploader who initially uploads the torrent and shares whatever for peers to DL. Then when those 'peers' finish downloading they NEED to share back in whole what they downloaded. And there is where the problem is...

If we were to start torrenting here, we would have tons of Leechers who H&R (Hit&Run). This will kill our torrents to the point where there are no seeders and then we'd get people complaining "There are never any seeds, Wah."
The only thing I can think to get around that is if the uploader or a peer who likes to seed (or torrent properly) has a seedbox (server dedicated to seeding torrents) that they wouldn't mind using to share the uploaded files 24/7 for us. Really we would need more then 1 seedbox, cause sharing all of the GCF's here on 1 would bog it down, then we'd get "Why is it so Slow, Wah".

On top of that, we'd need a tracker, and shitty ass public trackers will not do. And I figure it would go without saying, but I'm going to, that the tracker would have to be located in a country where the torrent community is not being attacked... same with the seedbox's.

I don't see it happening, but hell if you have a tracker (or know of 1) upload some of our GCF's to it and let us know.

Sorry if this is unreadable, I just woke up.
yawn.gif

On top of that, we'd need a tracker, and shitty ass public trackers will not do. And I figure it would go without saying, but I'm going to, that the tracker would have to be located in a country where the torrent community is not being attacked... same with the seedbox's.
DHT.

Would also love to use torrents but no one would seed.

DHT.

Would also love to use torrents but no one would seed.

That's right there is DHT... didn't think about that. I usually have it disabled cause of private trackers, and DHT will seed out your files to users not on the tracker leading to an unbalanced ratio between tracker and seeder. blah blah blah

But yeah I agree, DHT would work in that situation.

Edit:
Just for the record, I'd seed... not the fastest in the world but I would.

You can still have DHT on with private trackers being as pretty much all of the private trackers mark the torrent file as a private torrent now.

well u could upload to the piratebay.org tons will download and seed off there

or btjunkie.org but they just use the piratebay.org's trackers

#1 don't double post
#2 piratebay doesn't have a tracker anymore
#3 DG just said public trackers are shitty.

use upurload.com. Goes really fast and no sign up, it is free, and it has direct download, Just to be safe, i am not trying to advertise this site, just saying it is there

Back