1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half-Life2: Portal GCF Partitions

Discussion in 'GCFs/NCFs ( Game Files )' started by Ejacu1337, October 10, 2007.

1. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

2. phil823

phil823 FS Member

how do you go about using these though....im new and have not a friggen clue!

3. gcf files stand for `game cache file` which make the files on your steam list equal 1% - 100% ready and since it`s not released yet decrypted means that you can play it instead of it just being preloaded...u also have to use it with cracked steam

4. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

Actually, GCF in steam client stands for 'Game Content Files,' there are such things as Game Cache Files, but they are used in a different manner.

As for you,
    You must download all six partitions and save them within the same directory, when all six are complete, you open the first one and extract the files to another specific directory location, wait for the extraction to complete, place all the GCF's provided in the STEAM\STEAMAPPS directory, download SteamEmu or UndeadPatch in order to launch the actual game itself.

5. phil823

phil823 FS Member

i assume that if i use SteamEMU which is a cracked Steam.dll that i will be unable to play My Legit games correct? =(

anyway to launch the game independently

6. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

I'm not sure about SteamEmu, although I know for a fact that the new UndeadPatch allows me to use GCF's that are decrypted and I can play my legit games like Counter-Strike Source on legit servers like normal. I thought that this 'undeadpatch' would effect my legit games as well, but it's done me good and it hasn't.

7. phil823

phil823 FS Member

any idea where to find it i googled it and couldnt find it

8. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

9. phil823

phil823 FS Member

Ok so i downloaded the Files... put them into my STEAMAPPS file and installed the Undead.exe then i log in to my account.....but it doesnt show the gam anywhere to play or download?

any Idea's

10. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

You must download all the files for portal, from 1 to 6.
    Then extract the GCF to a specific location, and then
    copy the GCF into the STEAMAPPS folder. When done
    Extract Undeadpatch in the initial STEAM folder, then
    close steam, run the UNDEADPATCH.exe and a DOS
    box will appear, press Enter and then press 'Y' to
    confirm the patch, then it will close if you press enter
    again. The patch is now complete, and if you did all
    this right, you should be able to see the PORTAL GCF
    in the installed section of your steam games list.

11. phil823

phil823 FS Member

Ok i see it now =) but it says its only 59% downloaded.... and i clicked Resume, and is says "Downloading:59%" but doesnt show a speed and the bandwith monitor doesnt show any downloading

I want to thank you again for helping me to understand this, and for all your patience

12. phil823

phil823 FS Member

I believe that we need the 2007 Source GCF's.

13. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

I think I'm missing 'portal english.gcf'

14. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

ah yes, we're missing the 2007 Binaries GCF, hold on.

15. phil823

phil823 FS Member

16. phil823

phil823 FS Member

I found a 12 To 14 2007 Source Binaries Update File...just need the 12 binaries

17. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

18. phil823

phil823 FS Member

so we still need all but the ones with portal in front of them

19. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

Pretty much, yeah.

20. phil823

phil823 FS Member

I found some rapidshare links to a Full Ripped Version of the Game im Downloading now... many people claim it works great! its standalone also!

gotta love those release/cracking groups ;)

21. Ripper911

Ripper911 New Member

22. phil823

phil823 FS Member

If you have been reading out comments you should wait to DL anyways

thats not enough stuff to play the game with...

Give it a couple days and there will be better full GCF's

BTW Rapidshare is the SHIT! expecially if you have a premium account :)

23. Ripper911

Ripper911 New Member

You mean the binaries? I have those. Ironically, what I'm missing is all the rest.
    No shit?

24. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

It would help if there was a premium account to put to use for a full torrent.

25. Ripper911

Ripper911 New Member

I tested your Portal, and for me it works great, except I can't hear Glados at all. Don't know why.

26. myusername

myusername FS Member

it seems to give me this (wrong password) when i put in cs.rin.ru ( i have tried copying and pasting).

[​IMG]

27. undoedun

undoedun FS Member

Can you make 1 big part .... i dont wanna download all 6 parts

28. Ejacu1337

Ejacu1337 New Member

That won't work for Rapidshare.

29. phil823

phil823 FS Member

PASSWord is "cs.rin.ru" no "" though

30. myusername

myusername FS Member

i tried it it still didn't work, it goes up to 7% extracting and then gives that box

31. Korialstraz

Korialstraz New Member

full ripped portal

@phil823 can you show us the links??? =)

32. phil823

phil823 FS Member

Yes in my other post in a while....probably morning!

33. kathman

kathman New Member

Rename part 6, its different to the other 5.

34. Wolf

Wolf New Member

none of the links work >

35. Korialstraz

Korialstraz New Member

36. myusername

myusername FS Member

the first part seemed to be corrupted so i had to download it again and it extracted fine. But don't we need to following GCFs as well:
    source 2007 binaries.gcf
    source 2007 shared materials.gcf
    source 2007 shared models.gcf
    source 2007 shared sounds.gcf?

37. phil823

phil823 FS Member

Go To My Post Links Added And Tutorial!

38. ownaged

ownaged New Member

"This file has been FORBIDDEN TO BE SHARED"

sigh

39. antiboy

antiboy New Member

links not found can someone reupload them

40. that_guy

that_guy FS Member

the link is dead....

41. Mike The Hedgehog

Mike The Hedgehog FS Member

yeah please reupload some where else rapid share is messed up.
    Off Topic: WHY IS THERE NO WORKING PORTAL LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

42. dartvader1171

dartvader1171 New Member

i have all the GCFs that portal comes with execpt the low violence one ive never heard of and the DVD files steam gives you . i cant tell what we do and dont have so um... im uploading every file i have. expect 9 GCFs which will be specified on mediafire so you should have no trouble picking them out. ill put a small .rar for the DVD files if you want them, the .exe always gives me an old "mountappfilesystem() failed" error so just dont worry too much about it. hope you guys can figure this out so we can all start playing. :D. will have these all up within a day or two so just hold on.

EDIT: only two minutes since i posted this and im already editing. anyway, im uploading files right now so i should have an active link to put up tommorow or maybe even tonight

43. Mike The Hedgehog

Mike The Hedgehog FS Member

Thanks we or I could really use this. =)

44. dartvader1171

dartvader1171 New Member

hmm.... the upload is being wierd, im still sending it but its gonna be like 4gbs all togethter so you guys will have to pick out the files you need cause 4gbs is no cakewalk for most bandwidth. i will have the link up today and all the parts will be on one web page where you can pick them each out seperately according to what you guys need. told me it would take 4 hours lsat night now it says 7 xD

EDIT: small change of plans, im making each of the files super-compressed to follow the sites rules, will use winrar to do it.

EDIT#2: another edit... god. anyway, i am now compressing files above 500mb. so no gigabyte downloads here, just expect a long unpacking

45. Elimination

Elimination New Member

May I suggest KGB Archiver? Its known to compress 1gb into 10mb, depends on the type of file.

46. dartvader1171

dartvader1171 New Member

ill have to try that, cant find anywhere that will let me upload above 100mb