Half-Life2: Portal GCF Partitions

gcf files stand for `game cache file` which make the files on your steam list equal 1% - 100% ready and since it`s not released yet decrypted means that you can play it instead of it just being preloaded...u also have to use it with cracked steam

gcf files stand for `game cache file` which make the files on your steam list equal 1% - 100% ready and since it`s not released yet decrypted means that you can play it instead of it just being preloaded...u also have to use it with cracked steam

Actually, GCF in steam client stands for 'Game Content Files,' there are such things as Game Cache Files, but they are used in a different manner.

how do you go about using these though....im new and have not a friggen clue!

As for you,
You must download all six partitions and save them within the same directory, when all six are complete, you open the first one and extract the files to another specific directory location, wait for the extraction to complete, place all the GCF's provided in the STEAM\STEAMAPPS directory, download SteamEmu or UndeadPatch in order to launch the actual game itself.

i assume that if i use SteamEMU which is a cracked Steam.dll that i will be unable to play My Legit games correct? =(

anyway to launch the game independently

I'm not sure about SteamEmu, although I know for a fact that the new UndeadPatch allows me to use GCF's that are decrypted and I can play my legit games like Counter-Strike Source on legit servers like normal. I thought that this 'undeadpatch' would effect my legit games as well, but it's done me good and it hasn't.

Ok so i downloaded the Files... put them into my STEAMAPPS file and installed the Undead.exe then i log in to my account.....but it doesnt show the gam anywhere to play or download?

any Idea's

You must download all the files for portal, from 1 to 6.
Then extract the GCF to a specific location, and then
copy the GCF into the STEAMAPPS folder. When done
Extract Undeadpatch in the initial STEAM folder, then
close steam, run the UNDEADPATCH.exe and a DOS
box will appear, press Enter and then press 'Y' to
confirm the patch, then it will close if you press enter
again. The patch is now complete, and if you did all
this right, you should be able to see the PORTAL GCF
in the installed section of your steam games list.

Ok i see it now =) but it says its only 59% downloaded.... and i clicked Resume, and is says "Downloading:59%" but doesnt show a speed and the bandwith monitor doesnt show any downloading

I want to thank you again for helping me to understand this, and for all your patience

These are the required GCF's for Portal:
requiredgcf.jpg

I found some rapidshare links to a Full Ripped Version of the Game im Downloading now... many people claim it works great! its standalone also!

gotta love those release/cracking groups ;)

If you have been reading out comments you should wait to DL anyways

thats not enough stuff to play the game with...

Give it a couple days and there will be better full GCF's

BTW Rapidshare is the SHIT! expecially if you have a premium account :)

the first part seemed to be corrupted so i had to download it again and it extracted fine. But don't we need to following GCFs as well:
source 2007 binaries.gcf
source 2007 shared materials.gcf
source 2007 shared models.gcf
source 2007 shared sounds.gcf?

i have all the GCFs that portal comes with execpt the low violence one ive never heard of and the DVD files steam gives you . i cant tell what we do and dont have so um... im uploading every file i have. expect 9 GCFs which will be specified on mediafire so you should have no trouble picking them out. ill put a small .rar for the DVD files if you want them, the .exe always gives me an old "mountappfilesystem() failed" error so just dont worry too much about it. hope you guys can figure this out so we can all start playing. :D. will have these all up within a day or two so just hold on.

EDIT: only two minutes since i posted this and im already editing. anyway, im uploading files right now so i should have an active link to put up tommorow or maybe even tonight

hmm.... the upload is being wierd, im still sending it but its gonna be like 4gbs all togethter so you guys will have to pick out the files you need cause 4gbs is no cakewalk for most bandwidth. i will have the link up today and all the parts will be on one web page where you can pick them each out seperately according to what you guys need. told me it would take 4 hours lsat night now it says 7 xD

EDIT: small change of plans, im making each of the files super-compressed to follow the sites rules, will use winrar to do it.

EDIT#2: another edit... god. anyway, i am now compressing files above 500mb. so no gigabyte downloads here, just expect a long unpacking

hmm.... the upload is being wierd, im still sending it but its gonna be like 4gbs all togethter so you guys will have to pick out the files you need cause 4gbs is no cakewalk for most bandwidth. i will have the link up today and all the parts will be on one web page where you can pick them each out seperately according to what you guys need. told me it would take 4 hours lsat night now it says 7 xD

EDIT: small change of plans, im making each of the files super-compressed to follow the sites rules, will use winrar to do it.

EDIT#2: another edit... god. anyway, i am now compressing files above 500mb. so no gigabyte downloads here, just expect a long unpacking

May I suggest KGB Archiver? Its known to compress 1gb into 10mb, depends on the type of file.

Back