Help setting up Garry's Mod to work in Multiplayer

GustavoBorba

Hi, saw my friend playing Garry's Mod at his home, and I want to set GMod in my PC either. So I really need help from you guys. My questiond are:

- Which one am I supposed to downlaod if I want to play on multiplayer: GMod 10 or GMod 11 ?
- Which torrent should I download?
- Is too hard to set it to work with multiplayer? Is there some tut?

If you guys could help me I really appreciate.

Bye :)

Hi, saw my friend playing Garry's Mod at his home, and I want to set GMod in my PC either. So I really need help from you guys. My questiond are:

- Which one am I supposed to downlaod if I want to play on multiplayer: GMod 10 or GMod 11 ?
- Which torrent should I download?
- Is too hard to set it to work with multiplayer? Is there some tut?

If you guys could help me I really appreciate.

Bye :)

question 1:
omg.. gmod 11.
question 2:
That depend in what you are searching for, if you whant the game for cracked steam you wont find a torrent you will have to download a steam cracker , but if you want to download a NON-Steam version you could search in Download music, movies, games, software! The Pirate Bay - The world's most resilient BitTorrent site, but I recomend that you use the steam version because after you download it you can upgrade it.

Question 3:no, it isnt I can explain you, there are 2 ways to play Gmod multiplayer non-legally, the first one is the easier, is the cracked servers, you search a cracked server here:
Other Games | Setti (search for the ones called sandbox those are Gmod 11)

the open the console in-game and tipe:
connect (IP adress here)

the second way is more harder but is best because ou create your own server, isa whit Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private network (VPN) shareware application capable of establishing direct links between computers that are behind NAT firewalls without requiring reconfiguration (in most cases); in other words, it establishes a connection over the Internet that emulates the connection that would exist if the computers were connected over a local area network. Currently available as a production version for Microsoft Windows. With that you can start a LAN server, so you start hamachi you register, you create a hamachi server, and invite your friend and the you open Gmod, you open the console and tipe: sv_lan 0
you create a Gmod server and then your friends can connect to that server

I could not locate a Steam version and I really don't know how to setup it on steam. So, I installed Non-Steam.Okay, I was in-game (Non-Steam) and I typed 'Y' it opened a console, then i typed:

connect 93.186.196.25:27015

Nothing happens. It only shows the message! Help me, please?

--- Missing Vgui material hud/leaderboard_dead
Hud element 'CHudVote' doesn't have an entry 'CHudVote' in scripts/HudLayout.res
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/hud/vote_yes
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/hud/vote_no
Garry's Mod client.dll Build #139 [Jul 26 2012 15:10:14]
maxplayers set to 1
Unknown command "cl_thirdperson"
Unknown command "hud_showemptyweaponslots"
Unknown command "sv_backspeed"
Not playing a local game.
GetAllManifestFiles: Unable to load maplist.txt
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/servers/icon_replay
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/servers/icon_replay_column
Toybox Auth Error: [HTTP Error] (retying in 0 seconds)
] connect 93.186.196.25:27015
Network: IP 7.48.22.189, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 93.186.196.25:27015...
Toybox Auth Error: [HTTP Error] (retying in 2 seconds)
Retrying 93.186.196.25:27015...
Toybox Auth Error: [HTTP Error] (retying in 6 seconds)
Connection failed after 4 retries.

Toybox Auth Error: [HTTP Error] (retying in 14 seconds)

Help Help Help

Back