help with vista plz

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by skoop_steam, December 25, 2007.

1. skoop_steam

skoop_steam New Member

hello i have download windows vista and now i only need windows vista oem tool 1.5 but i cant find it anywhere can some one help me?

2. Etheco

Etheco FS Member

Wrong section, Moving to Help and Support section.

3. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

4. skoop_steam

skoop_steam New Member

DOH ty for moving it FS•w33tab1x i dont know what i was thinking about

5. skoop_steam

skoop_steam New Member

and thanks for the help FS•Renegade89 but that torrent is not the right one :)
    does somebody els have it ?

6. BlinkY

BlinkY Pork is not a Verb

Tip:
    Ditch Vista
    Install XP

7. skoop_steam

skoop_steam New Member

tip:
    go away

8. Fenny

Fenny Full Member

ROFL, I upgraded from vista to xp when I saw what it did to my directx/opengl framerates.
    but seriously are you talking about this: OEM BIOS Emulation Toolkit For Windows Vista x86 v1.0?

9. Etheco

Etheco FS Member

Just reinstalled vista :), get a better release of vista to be honest. mine installs the boot loader for you so it think its dell :), works a charm.

And vista is shit loads better now, vista is defo a good way to go :D.

10. loony636

loony636 FS Member

How I agree with that. I recently bought an HP laptop with Vista, and within 3 hours had to restore it to factory settings: I installed Alcohol 120%, and apparently the version I had installed the Virtual Driver Emulation driver that was incompatible with Vista, so it permanently crashed.

Then there are other issues; terrible system performance, incredibly annoying security checks, strange 'administrator mode' bugs and many many incompatibilities with both games and programs. Example; I recently went overseas and my telephone company advertised an International Dial-up Roaming service (yes, its slow as hell, but its better than nothing). In order to use this service, you need to download a program which, of course, is incompatible with Vista. Even in compatibility mode.

Honestly, XP is the way to go. Actually, Mac OS X is the way to go, but my HDD is too small to dual boot them (that and the 50 GB of games and music I have take up too much space), so I'm stuck with one OS. And since THAT hasn't got all the bugs out yet (not to mention the 5GB download), unless you're a computer wizz, I wouldn't recommend it.

Since XP is practically free now, and I am le cheap, I'd definitely choose XP for my next computer.

11. Timtam

Timtam New Member

I have had Vista Ultimate since nearly the day it came out. I haven't had one problem with games, drivers and stuff like that being incompatible. My computer runs faster, games run smoother, just things like that really make it a lot better than XP for me. It boots faster, looks better, although it is a resource hog, and there is no way you will run it well with less than 2 gigs of RAM.