hl2 episodes and steam

super92

so i have hl2 from steam and i want to play co op with others through all the hl2 series... But i cannot download hl2 episode 1 and 2 from c.steam so i can only go through hl2 mission and than i get a msg saying that i need ep 1 and ep 2 to play on the server

is it possible to somehow get those episodes on steam or at least mix something up because i have downloaded the episodes , but they are rared and rdy to play with no steam.

P.S. i tried putting ep2 gcf files in the steamapps folder , but when i open steam its stuck on downloading ... it says downloading but nothing happens

so i have hl2 from steam and i want to play co op with others through all the hl2 series... But i cannot download hl2 episode 1 and 2 from c.steam so i can only go through hl2 mission and than i get a msg saying that i need ep 1 and ep 2 to play on the server

is it possible to somehow get those episodes on steam or at least mix something up because i have downloaded the episodes , but they are rared and rdy to play with no steam.

P.S. i tried putting ep2 gcf files in the steamapps folder , but when i open steam its stuck on downloading ... it says downloading but nothing happens

You need to (download and) put the GCF in the steamapps folder if it is stuck at "downloading starting" it becuase the file is outdated

You need to (download and) put the GCF in the steamapps folder if it is stuck at "downloading starting" it becuase the file is outdated

k tnx
gonna try the tool for updating

Edit: well i tried the tool but i hit resume download or validate or whatever and it fails , it shows that some gcf's are missing files but how do i get em ?

ep 1 shows its rdy to play in steam but when i launch it , nothing happens, just "preparing to launch", the message disappears and the game does not start

well ok , about ep1
it seems i messed it up by mixing some non steam files into it , i just forgot i still had it in my steam category...

now everything seems to work but on the cf tool some cgf's are still not 100%
for example "episode two content.gcf" its 99.92 :D and some others like source engines blabla... but all of em are not lower than 99%

super92 said:
well ok , about ep1
it seems i messed it up by mixing some non steam files into it , i just forgot i still had it in my steam category...

now everything seems to work but on the cf tool some cgf's are still not 100%
for example "episode two content.gcf" its 99.92 :D and some others like source engines blabla... but all of em are not lower than 99%

yes, I have them like that too but they work perfect