[HOTFIXES]WINDOWS.Server2003/WindowsXP.sp3/WINDOWS.Vista.sp1-Patch Due Tuesday, Jan.13,2009

Helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • no

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Evnon

"Microsoft Corp. today said it will issue just one security update next week, down dramatically from last month's record-setting eight updates that patched 28 vulnerabilities.

The single security update slated for Tuesday, Jan. 13, has been tagged "critical" by Microsoft, which posted its usual advance notice today of what to expect for its monthly patch cycle.

All current support versions of Windows are affected, said Microsoft. As is often the case, older editions -- Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 -- are at more risk than the newer Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Microsoft rated the threat to the older versions as critical, but pegged the threat to newer editions as "moderate," the second-from-the-bottom rating in the company's four-step scoring system...."

More...

Microsoft slates single Windows patch for Tuesday

(This is my first real post here at FS. I hope I posted this in the right place in the right way. Let me know if I should do something different in the future)

Back