How to download games from Steam Content Management System (SCMS)

aTr

FS Member
How to download games from Steam Content Management System (SCMS)

Steam Content Management System (SCMS) is an easy way to download the latest games which use GCF/NCF filesystem.

Features

• Browse easily for the game you want to search
  • You can know when the mirror was added, what version is the mirror and if it has password or not
  • See which game files were currently updated (example: new mirror added)
  • Detailed informations about the game/filesystem, like AppID, how many mirrors it has, latest version from both Steam and mirror filesystem

How to use it

First, go to http://zerocrackingpoint.ws/scms/

scms_1.PNG

Here you see the latest mirrors added for those specific games which are listed in the index page.

To search for the game you want to download it's filesystem (GCF/NCF), click on Application Entries.

scms_2.PNG

Here you can see the applications (games/tools/media) which are available on the Steam network.

To search for a content, in the Search box, enter your desired game, and then click on Search.

scms_3.PNG

In this example I have chosen Garry's Mod. Here you can see all the items which have the similar name. In this case, there is only one for Garry's Mod. Now click on the game you want to download it's content.

scms_4.PNG

Here you can see what files the specific game uses. You can see informations like Application Name, Application ID and Filesystem Entries (the files which the specific game uses).

Now let's click on the file content you want to download.

scms_5.PNG

In this example, I've clicked on Garrys Mod Content.gcf. Here you can see the Cache (filesystem name), Application ID (for that specific filesystem) and Latest Version (which is the latest version on the Steam Network).

And you also see that there is a Mirrors section on the page. There you can download the games from mirror sites. It could have many mirrors. Now click on the Show link on the specific Mirror number (Mirror 1 in this example)

scms_6.PNG

In this Mirror Info page, you can see when the mirror was added, if it was reported or not, version number of the mirror content (GCF/NCF version), password of the archive mirror (if any), and the link(s) of the mirror. It can have one link if it's a whole archive, or it can have more links if it's archived into parts.

Now just copy the link from the Links section, and paste it in your browsers address bar:

scms_7.PNG

You can now download the files easily by using SCMS.

Information

scms_8.PNG

1. Cache Name (filename of the cache file)
  2. Application ID (AppID of the cache file)
  3. Latest Version (latest version of the cache file on Steam Network)
  4. Date Added (when the mirror was added)
  5. Was Reported (if the content is a fake content/not a cache file, it's reported to the moderators)
  6. Version (version of the cache file on the mirror/archive file)
  7. Password (password for the specific mirror archive, if any)
  8. Links (links for the cache files, it can be one if it's a whole archive, or more links if it's a part)

Notice

Only the moderators on SCMS can manage the contents, which includes adding mirrors, removing mirrors, update SCMS blob).

thanks for this, it looks very useful! :D

coming from a noob, if I download the neccessary .gcf's, do I need to download the entire game somewhere else or can I use the cracked steam and be able to download+install it w/o having the busy error?

Thanks, the site works very well. Though I never trusted .ws sites I guess this will be an exception. Hopefully it will grow to a fully-formed Steam games database. It also looks legal because you still need the key to play(not if you crack Steam) so if they claim that the Steam servers are **** servers(since every time you wanna download a game you get an error, and even paying people can't play the games) and that they are giving the games to paying people because you can't play without a key, there's no chance Valve could shut the site. At last a service that can help paying people and not-paying people alike.

a freesteam version of this would be good

We had a project something like this,but instead,it would download the .GCFs instantly like Steam.
I think it didn't succeed because we didn't have a server to upload the .GCFs on.

We had a project something like this,but instead,it would download the .GCFs instantly like Steam.
I think it didn't succeed because we didn't have a server to upload the .GCFs on.

but if we make one like this but that every one (that is register) can upload files using megaupload or rapidshare etc,because in that page only de admin or owner can upload (I think because I cant) this would make easier to search for the game that you want:D

Hi,

I'm noob at such things.
How can i let download the game? Need i to put the files from a game that you can download on SCMS in a folder?

Thanks,
Stress!

Hi,

I'm noob at such things.
How can i let download the game? Need i to put the files from a game that you can download on SCMS in a folder?

Thanks,
Stress!
first you need to get a steam patcher:
I recommend that you use Steamup:
http://www.freesteam.org/forums/clients-cracks-launchers/11257-steamup-v2-1-4-oct-30th-2009-a.html
some games need GCF and the GCF must be putted in the Steam app folder(C:/program files/steam/Steamapp)
and the others games need a NCF + common folder, the Ncf must be putted in the steamapp folder,and the common folder in the common folder:D(C:/program files/steam/Steamapp/Common)
the GCF and the ncf + common can be downloaded from SCMS but not all the files are there, if you need a game that is not there ask me:D

Generally you will have to download a lot of files so I recommen that you download:
http://www.freesteam.org/forums/tool...ownloader.html
to download faste:D