How to make ANY game Nosteam/Standalone

Hello, I have a question, I decompress GCF files to play HL2, an run great, but I want to play in Spanish, my question is, I have to overwrite files in English whit the GCF files in Spanish or I have put this files in a different folder, what can I do????
Please save me..
Thank you in forward
2dlk6eh.jpg

2lc8zo5.png

Hello, I have a question, I decompress GCF files to play HL2, an run great, but I want to play in Spanish, my question is, I have to overwrite files in English whit the GCF files in Spanish or I have put this files in a different folder, what can I do????
Please save me..
Thank you in forward
2dlk6eh.jpg

2lc8zo5.png

Shouldn't be there an option to change languages in the game itself?

i did not understand a thing please help me i have 1.2TB of steam games and i want to Make The Non-steam can someone explain to me briefly?

I followed this tutorial using half-life.gcf and half-life engine.gcf from here and platform.gcf from here. I validated the gcfs, extracted them to D:\Half-Life. I downloaded rev-emu from here. When I tried to start the shortcut I got "Failed to initialize authentication interface. Exiting..."
When I try these gcf files on steamup, it downloads additional files (half-life base contect.gcf, sourceinit.gcf, winui.gcf) and when the game starts the massage that appears says "W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad"
I want to be able to play half-life offline without steam though a usb flash drive.

edit: In case someone else gets this error extracting half-life base content.gcf in half-life's directory solves it.

edit2: Now if I decide to play online can I do it through the standalone? I tried searching for servers for esf, but didn't find any. Is there any specific way to add servers (if possible)? I've never played online using steam, only trough a cracked CS that "included specific servers". If I can play online, which servers can I play on - official, cracked or only servers made from a standalone version of the game?

Hey guys, i have a question;

So, i download Borderlands off of this site (Thanks to the GoldDrak) and i was wondering about a few thing. What is the name of the game .exe? It is a .ncf file to start off with, and the common folder doesnt have an exe. And i dont where to edit the ProcName in REVOULTION.

Do i edit it at:

ProcName=game.exe ?

Thanks, first time trying this. Hope you guys know what im talking about. I'll post back if i run into any other trouble. :)

Thanks,
2g

Problem trying to make a standalone version of Portal here...and I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions to the letter.

Copied my entire Steam directory from my internet machine, rxtracted all the files from the GCFs that had either 'portal' or '2007' in the filename.* Tried 2 different steam-substitutes, but I get a weird error:

While starting up, instead of the Portal background the one from an HL2 episode is shown, the word "portal" has graphics of weapons, and I can't start a new game. In the 'chapter' menu I see "point insertion" for the first one...that can't possibly be right. :confused:

So WTF am I doing wrong? :(

*(I think. Which files EXACTLY must I use? When trying to extract some, I get a message that some files in a couple of the gcfs aren't there, but they checked out via the steam validate tool. That has to be deliberate from valve for whatever reason)

edit2: Now if I decide to play online can I do it through the standalone? I tried searching for servers for esf, but didn't find any. Is there any specific way to add servers (if possible)? I've never played online using steam, only trough a cracked CS that "included specific servers". If I can play online, which servers can I play on - official, cracked or only servers made from a standalone version of the game?

yes you can play whit cracked servers:
http://css.setti.info/servers

Problem trying to make a standalone version of Portal here...and I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions to the letter.

Copied my entire Steam directory from my internet machine, rxtracted all the files from the GCFs that had either 'portal' or '2007' in the filename.* Tried 2 different steam-substitutes, but I get a weird error:

While starting up, instead of the Portal background the one from an HL2 episode is shown, the word "portal" has graphics of weapons, and I can't start a new game. In the 'chapter' menu I see "point insertion" for the first one...that can't possibly be right. :confused:

So WTF am I doing wrong? :(

*(I think. Which files EXACTLY must I use? When trying to extract some, I get a message that some files in a couple of the gcfs aren't there, but they checked out via the steam validate tool. That has to be deliberate from valve for whatever reason)

here are the files needed for Portal:
http://zerocrackingpoint.ws/scms/app_entry.php?appid=400
exept the
Chinese Health Warning.gcf

here are the files needed for Portal:
http://zerocrackingpoint.ws/scms/app_entry.php?appid=400
exept the
Chinese Health Warning.gcf

All was going fine until I started extracing from Source Materials.gcf

Got a message about "unexpected end of GCF" blah blah blah...

But it verified fine in Steam!

So what gives?

download that file again from here
ZCP - Content Management System
and trie again

DL'ing now.

Also got the same error when trying to extract from source models.gcf, fortunately there's also a DL link for that too.

EDIT: And NOW from source sounds.gcf! Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, even Microsoft doesn't f*** up downloads that often.

EDIT 2: ...it's working...they're extracting without a single error.

Cannot thank you or the team at ZCP enough...I've been so frustrated I'm half-laughing and half-crying to not see that bleeping error message.

EDIT the third and last: Portal runs. Perfectly. Just have to wait for the DL limit at megaupload to time out so I can get the source sound.gcf

Mega-monster thanks to the freesteam community and the makers of REVOLUTiON Emulator. People like me are so thankful for people like you to turn to when the software publishers get a Napoleon complex.

Hey, problem.. I did follow the thing precisely (i think) because whenever I start gmod 11 it loads a bit then crashes and brings up a window saying:
Engine Error
You Dont Own gmod 10!
so i click ok....
There are 3 major problems with this;
1- Im pretty sure thats not and engine error XP
2- Its gmod 11 not 10!
3- Um, yea I actually do own gmod 11, I payed the full price of a good $10 but now i cant play it at school (or were ever els i wanna play it) :(
Any Help plz XP

I started playing Team Fortress Classic yesterday, installed HL and TFC using this guide. I connected to a server from gametracker.com and played. Today I found out that I can't change my name. It said "Change your name using the Steam settings dialog" and I clicked it and steam appeared to update (and after finishing nothing happened). After that when I tried joining the server again I started getting the message "STEAM validation rejected". I reinstalled everything but the message continues to appear. What caused it?

I started playing Team Fortress Classic yesterday, installed HL and TFC using this guide. I connected to a server from gametracker.com and played. Today I found out that I can't change my name. It said "Change your name using the Steam settings dialog" and I clicked it and steam appeared to update (and after finishing nothing happened). After that when I tried joining the server again I started getting the message "STEAM validation rejected". I reinstalled everything but the message continues to appear. What caused it?

mayve is because you have steam open

Well even after a restart and checking that steam isn't open I still get the message. It appears on most of the servers I try to join, but I can still play some of them. I'm pretty sure I was able to play that same server before I got the "update".

I just feel silly stupid because for some strange reason...I feel like I am too dumb to get any of this too work. Which is just goes to show that I haven't been on this forum very long but there is definately some intelligent and helpful people on this forum and I am quite happy to have joined this forum. I must say I have never been able to say that about any forum.

^^^ I was thinking the same thing myself LOL!

I was wondering if someone could go through step by step with me on how to make Counter Strike Source stand alone for me. Before you laugh realize I do not have the internet at home. My hours have been cut at work and I cannot afford the internet. I tried following the instructions given on the first page of this post and I could not get it to work. I also had problems with the game telling me that it could not find the steamui.dll. I downloaded the file and put it on a flash drive and took it home however I was not putting it in the right place appearently. Please help and I will do something in return, I might be able to give $10 or $20 for help. It would be alot better than me paying for a game I don't like for $20 and hating it like I did with Rogue Warrior.

Can you tell me what this file is and what I have to do to it?

Edit: The file is called hijack this I noticed it immediatly and canceled the download.

I need help still. I followed the instructions step-by-step and the only error I get now is when I click on my shortcut I created it acts like it is going to open but then it stops and says hl2.exe has stopped and will close. Can anyone give me some advice?
I used GCFscape,Revolution emu, and VUP. I am trying to play Counter Strike Source against the bots.
I have windows vista.

hmm Links Dead ....
everytime wen i start steam offline mode i cant run any game is this normal ???
i think i must start it as standalone game right .. but i' german and i understand NOTHING :D xD

One quick question again about this. Do you have to have steam installed and atleast have had steam online once in order to make stand-ups? And then I answer...depending on what you want to do with you'r stand alone depends on whether you need to have gone online before.

I have followed this tut to a T, and NEARLY have HL2EP2 working. I get the startup, I see the VALVe and Source logos. Then it crashes, giving me an error: "Could not load library client"

What do I do??

Ok I know I'm a noob at this but I really want to play Dragon age when im at work (no internet and steam offline mode hates me) I cant figure out how to do the ctftoolbox thing and im not sure if it needs it...HELP! I did the REVOLUTiON emu and i got it to the point where the game actully goes to the startup menu...and crashes when i try to play. When i try to play i get this message "application error 5:0000065434" What am I doing wrong? (I know this is a really old thrread and I prolly wont get a response...but maybe there is a kind person out there that can help)

I have the same error, but then again I have not updated my TF2 Files yet,
Unfortunately I also have the same error with portal & episode 2....
I'll have to check, but I think my files were not downloaded properly or was just not finished downloading/Updating...

One weird error I got was that while Half-Life 1 Source engine ran smoothly, I just can't seem to save because it cant create the Save thumbs...
Since I don't own the G.O.T.Y Edition (got it from a friend), i can't seem to update it...
I know this forum is old, but please, can any Help on Half-Life 1?
Thanks for the great work on Orange box!

I tried to make a standalone for Star Wars Dark Forces, but when I run the dosbox.exe it executes the commands for the newly installed DOSBox instead of the ones to play dark forces. Is there a way to have DOSBox installed on someone's computer and play Dark Forces as a stand alone?

I have all Gcf files including hl2 ep 1 and 2 and i can run ep 2 But how can i run Hl2 SP mods as i dont have steam ?

Uhh... I get this error.

"Setup file 'gameinfo.txt" doesn't exist in subdirectory 'GAMEDIR'. Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting."

WHAT DO I DO!?

so, i took the files form dungeon defenders 7.15A from my brothers pc and used this method, but it just links me to the page where i can buy the game, does rhis still work or should i look at an other place?
(the newest release o got to work via piratebay was 7.0)