i bought the orange box "used"...

bkv

yeah i realise now it was a stupid thing to do but i couldnt be bothered downloading it and i wanted it legit. it says duplicate key and valve wont accept a picture of the reciept from a used seller etc etc

in my defence - i didnt realise the key could only be used once - i have gta iv and you can deactivate the key when you uninstall so it can be reused thought it was the same with steam games, but anyway...

so now i have the discs and i'm not sure what to do next. i've emailed the seller that the discs are pretty much useless but i just wanna at least play the games over the weekend till the seller gets back to me with a refund or whatever.

what do i have to do to get the games installed? theres a lot of different tools on here and i dunno what i'm doing. any help appreciated.

I am by no means an expert at all but it seems to me that if you follow the instructions from this post http://freesteam.org/forums/steam-discussion/6137-how-make-any-game-nosteam-standalone.html , that might be able to help you out. I am just a noob myself on this forum and with dealing with Steam related games so I am sorry that I can't personally help you out. But hopefully this gets you pointed in the right direction. Otherwise you will have to wait for some of the FreeSteam Staff or something to help you out. The post tells you what to do and what to download and even has hyperlinks to take you directly to the downloads and thank god none of them are torrents. Good luck.

Wait, so you're saying that you bought it retail from a STORE?
And the key doesn't work?
If this is truth, then you should go back to the store with your receipt and tell them to refund.

Wait, so you're saying that you bought it retail from a STORE?
And the key doesn't work?
If this is truth, then you should go back to the store with your receipt and tell them to refund.
If you bought it from a place like GameStop or some game store that sells and re-sells games that people trade in. Most likely you can take it back. Otherwise like the guy above me said download those programs and you will be able to play it. However, from what I have read on this forum if you play online you will have to play on a cracked server which these guys can tell you how to do that.

Back