Idea that could revolutionise FreeSteam!

Ahridon

Hey FS, I'm a really big fan of your work, if not for you, I wouldn't be able to play any steam games since I can't pay for them. I thought of a really good idea that if put into effect, could actually destroy the need for going onto this website in order to get the files, sort of like an alternate updating system. If someone who has a LOT of usage could kindly uploaded all the newest gcf/ncf files to a SVN server, then we could use a program called Tortoise SVN to download these files, and the best thing is that is that person uploads a newer version of the file, the steamapps folder will have a red x next to it, showing you that there is an update for one of the gcf/ncf files. Otherwise there will be a green tick next to it showing you that thre are no updates and you have the newest version of every gcf. However the one person that makes this will have to constantly upload new gcfs/ncfs to this server to ensure it's updated. I hope this idea is implemented by someone as this could revolutionise FreeSteam forever! :)

I will be releasing an app that does that but will be more to the point and specialized for Steam content.

Reactions: JJJusea
Erix920, if the app your making does works, I will worship you for life man.

Hey I just thought of another awesome idea that could allow the FS community to get on legit steam servers. It may be a bit complicated, but would help so many people, like me! :)

1. Hack into a hell of a lot of legit steam accounts and steal their steam id's
2. Upload id's into some sort of online database
3. Make a program that downloads a steam id mask from the database so you can connect to a legit server through someone elses id but use your id for weapons & achievements.

If that could work...imagine the possibilities...

Oh and one more thing. If anyone has any connection to the person called MADDOX, please contact me as I have a couple of questions for him in relation to forging steam purchases.

Maddox won't be back for a very long time, his house was raided.. What are proposing above is simple but there's no real way to secure the username and password from the database once it's sent to the client.

-.- His house was R.A.I.D.E.D? Man wtf his house couldn't be raided unless they finaly knew how to track him since he use to go to so many internet cafes around his area and use so many different accounts.

he got raided for credit card fraud, i remember him asking me what to do with them lols

he was a cool guy ^_^

Back