Install Orange Box steam-free

loony636

FS Member
This is the tutorial we've all been waiting for! If you've got an Orange Box and have lost the serial number, can't register because Steam hates you or you downloaded the DVDs through a torrent and now don't know what to do with them, here's the solution:

1) If you downloaded the .iso files through a torrent, mount them using Daemon Tools (google it).
2) Download this: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting (sorry about the Rapidshare, MegaUpload wasn't working properly)
3) Extract the above file
4) Copy all of the .sid, .sis and .sim files on both disks to the folder where you extracted the .rar file.
5) Run HL2_EP1.bat and Portal.bat
6) Copy the HL2_EP1 and Portal folders into the C:\games\Orangebox folder.
7) Use the shortcuts to play the game!

Unfortunately, I can't get EP2 to work (as yet), but stay tuned!

I dont think, that you can play with it on vac2 Server. It is just, when you lost your cd. So

i can't believe people are still asking these questions like can i play on vac2 protected servers ? lol, why don't use understand that anything that is released in public is not vac2 supported

Precisely.

Being able to play cracked games on VAC2 servers is the holy grail of Steam cracking. The Philosopher's stone, if you will. So people are always on the lookout for ways of making it happen. I believe there are some tools which allow you to do so with some older games (like CS, for example), but it is thus far impossible. At the moment the best/only way is to get a Cafe account by donating.

Back