What is better?

• INTEL

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • AMD

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Fallen101

FS Member
I'm back with another pool this time this is a epic fight.....

I always use Intel I had Issues with heat from AMD all the computers in my house(but one) run Intel cpus
2 computers with the Intel i7 920 CPUs
1 computer with an Intel duo Quad Core CPU
1. Computer with 1 Intel pention 4 with Hyper-threading

And unforantly my dads laptop runs an,
AMD dual core CPU :(

this really depends, but amd is a bit more flexible in overclocking when intel does not break down,(crash) as much

I've always preferd AMD, I have only owned one Intel in my life and tbh i had no problems with it. The only reason i prefer AMD, well, it sounds cooler then intel lol

Oh wow lol I only had one AMD cpu and it always over temped but my dad laptop does not meh idk lol he does not game though...

tbh its not the brands to me that matter, its the speed and price of the processor. I don't really upgrade my computers so I normally get one built for me, if it can run crysis at full spec its good enough for me lol

Reactions:Fallen101
yup, no matter how you put it tho there will be people who buy a cpu from a brand they never used and notice that it sucks (like getting a 2ghz cpu) but the used to have a 4ghz and now they think the company sucks

it wont be the company but that first use is what the costumer will think of next time they think of the company

:cool: HOLY CRAP!!!! Im a sale adviser now :cool:

eh my new labtop, i got today, has an intel processer, hope it doesnt stop working, like my old labtop (only 2 years old)

Both are good, but Intel is a bit ahead of AMD. Without AMD(competition) we would all be screwed by intel though. so thank you AMD

Reactions:Fallen101
Everyone has his own opinion about this I think..
But well AMD is tagged for gamers mostlikely. Just because AMD is easier to overclock then Intel processors are..
In contrary Intel runs smoother and is more made for delivering quality..
But well to say if the one is better then the other? Nah not really everyone has its own + points and - points but thats the biggest difference between AMD and Intel

Greets,

What Generation of Intel CPUs are you talking about overclocking the I series of Intel CPUs are extremly to overclock with out changing the voltage of the CPU and Intel CPUs run cooler then Intel I have experienced :p

Well if you have lots of money, I'd opt for Intel. They OC better than AMD cpus.

I currently have an AMD Athlon II X3 and it overclocks @ 3.7GHz. I think I could push further but either my mobo or rams are limiting it.

Hmmm.... no, I think AMD is better as it can overclock more easily. Intel processors on the other-hand are more difficult to overclock (or at least for me).

Hmmm.... no, I think AMD is better as it can overclock more easily. Intel processors on the other-hand are more difficult to overclock (or at least for me).
It mostly depends on the cooling. i7 OCs pretty nicely, but you can surely OC Phenoms to 4-4.5ghz too. :) and I use AMD and will use AMD because it's a lot cheaper.

I don't care, but I have used Intel all my life. I don't see why I should prefer anyone though, it all depends on the situation when I buy the computer, brand is not important.

Back