IPB vs. vBulletin

Discussion in 'The Chat' started by Nuke Bomb3r, November 8, 2007.

1. Nuke Bomb3r

Nuke Bomb3r FS Member

Which one is better? IPB or vBulletin?
    What makes each unique?

2. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

You'll have to use both, the real difference is the acp and db structure. Personally I like IPB better I find it easier and better to use, then again vb isn't bad either I just don't like it's ACP >.<

3. xxbr3ndanxx

xxbr3ndanxx Full Member

I like IPB Better.. I'm more use to it because i've used it more often..

4. Phil

Phil FS Member

vB is better imo

5. Thailandes

Thailandes New Member

6. Nuke Bomb3r

Nuke Bomb3r FS Member

But why?

7. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

It's easier to make your own skins in vb for starters.

8. WorldWarIII

WorldWarIII Guest

I would say IPB is much better than vBulletin. I just don't want to convert.. I like the simplicity for mods on vB.

9. Nuke Bomb3r

Nuke Bomb3r FS Member

The prices are bout the same, around 150 for licence. Its not a good idea to download them via warez, right?

10. Thailandes

Thailandes New Member

idk... what could happen if u download them by warez ... I prefer to buy a licence

11. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

vB is better : Easier skin making/customization, a complete set of options, mod installs are easy and it's safer.

As long as the board isn't big the don't care if it's pirated.

12. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

Nothings wrong with downloading retail or nulled versions, if your board get reported IPB will contact you they won't do much unless your violating your hosts rules and tos then again if your hosting it yourself you should be fine. IPB has contacted me a few times about that I never responded though so I assume they don't really care :3 I'm not too sure about vB and piracy there though.

13. Nuke Bomb3r

Nuke Bomb3r FS Member

Yea. I've been getting replies from all the people i have asked. Opinions on this matter vary greatly for some reason.