1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipb

Discussion in 'The Chat' started by a1ch3mist, February 1, 2007.

1. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

While installing IPB , at the database page all info is entered correctly. As soon as you click continue or next, (forget which one is it), i get a blank page.

2. Binary

Binary Member

Did you set the permissions correctly, are all the files placed in the right directory?

3. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

yeah all folders correct. and about permissions, i have access to the computer running the server, so i run the script directly from that box. Setup works fine, until after i enter all the database information, in which the next screen is just blank. I think that my databases are set right because i can access all them from command prompt, and edit them, they are empty thought and contain no tables. But i think my databases probably arent set right becuase there i see no traces on the computer of an actual MYSQL server that is running. I downloaded "microsoft SQL server 2005" but i don't understand what i am suppossed to do with it. some help would be appreciated

best regards mike

4. belink

belink Full Member

I reccomend talking to echo419 (@ irc.bluehell.org channel freesteam). Hes good with forum installations.

P.S what font did you use for the "Peace through power" part of your sig?

5. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

well
    while trying to install phpBB i got this error

The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose

maybe its my php that isnt set up wright , but it works because the fact is that i can access it with the test script..

belink: Visitor BRK

6. erdcaged

erdcaged FS Member

either ur PHP or mysql version isnt right

7. kch0pa

kch0pa Full Member

Download apache2triad, it has Apache, PHP, PHPMyAdmin, Postgrate SQL, MySQL and a lot of other stuff (mail, php etc...) in one installer + you have everything setup after you install it.

8. erdcaged

erdcaged FS Member

9. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

finally i got it installed. but the only way i could do it successfully was through 127.0.0.1 and now, i cant access it through my ip, permission denied. it is inoly accessible throught 127.0.0.1

10. WorldWarIII

WorldWarIII Guest

That means local host [​IMG]

11. kch0pa

kch0pa Full Member

You want a medal LOL?
    And its not local host, its localhost. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

yeah lol give him a cookie actually! [​IMG] anyways.

i fixed everything and it works great, now i am just looking for some staff! yAy

who wants to help staff!?

13. Binary

Binary Member

What is the site about?

14. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

well the site is a community site
    its about everything , people sign up and have their page and ppl post on their page and the ppl can upload photos vids... there is also a forum.. ppl can create groups , blogs...
    lots of stuff.... [​IMG]

ps: i might also need some help setting stuff up once in a while

15. Binary

Binary Member

Alright, I might be able to help. I have just created a online mp3 player no long ago with 20+ plus tracks on it. I'll show you guys what I have done afterwards.

16. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

ight nice

do you have msn?

17. Binary

Binary Member

18. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

19. a1ch3mist

a1ch3mist New Member

can someone tell me how to remove the copyright and the designed by part at the bottom. i see freesteam admins know how to do it..

20. theSpam

theSpam New Member

I can't use the reply button under a post for some reason?

Anyways, just saw a link to this post in the shoutbox, and I can tell you how to edit out the copyright.

In the section where you can edit skins, select a skin and choose edit board wrapper. Comment out stuff that resembles the copyright (<%COPYRIGHT%>, I believe).