Is an WoW acct worth it?

flv1333

FS Member
Hey, I'm due to get my DSL connection at the end of this month. an' Im thinking about getting WoW to see what the hype is all about.... Is it worth it? I heard you also have to pay a monthly fee in order to play.

Don't get it.. you'll get hooked then lose hundreds of dollars over months of play time.. Others will tell you different, but I'm from a sane person's perspective.

Well, first of all, DL the trial for it. (Burning Crusade)
Okay?
Then, join up in a private server.
See if you like it.
Retail servers are much better than privates, but private servers give you a taste of the game.
All you'll waste is bandwidth then.
;)

Also, go to Ani-WoW
That is the most stable server out.

Don't get addicted! and you'll be ok... All your friends will call you gay as well lol

just private server it up. If you find a server you like then you'll enjoy it alot more then retail. The setback is though if the server goes down... cause then loose all your stuff.

You could just choose a server which has been around for a loooong time cause they are more likely to last.

Don't get it.. you'll get hooked then lose hundreds of dollars over months of play time.. Others will tell you different, but I'm from a sane person's perspective.

So true, a mate bought it for me + 2months upgrade, I couldn't put it down. So that I bought BC... GAH! Thank god my purchase of COD4 has taking me away... for now.
Don't get addicted! and you'll be ok... All your friends will call you gay as well lol

That last section is so true it's not funny :eek: but I use to be one of those people who called them gay... Oh god! I've become my worst nightmare!

Err... All things aside, very addictive, plenty to do, you'll almost never get bored, especially with friends that play with you.

I still call them gay, and I've never played for more than a month at a time and never been addicted... ITS A MOTHER FUCKING GAME!

lol, I won't... I just want to try it out. I think the private server route is the way to go. I don't feel like paying a monthl fee... LOL... Im just now realizing that the Make love not Warcraft Southpark episode is running.....

dont buy a WOW account, it is not worth a cent, lets start out with the fact that there are 100000000 other FREE mmo rpgs that ate BETTER! from screenshots that i've seen, wow doesnt even look that good. WOW also gets a list of proccesses that you have running and sends a copy back to blizzard (Game players say Blizzard invades privacy - CNET News) You will only get bored with it anyways and all that money will seem like a waste! Try other free games, i recommend "perfect world", i played that for a while, it looks pretty much the same of wow, people call it the "asian" version of WOW. Plz dont waste your money!!!

Hey.

Myself, i used to play WoW, Quit about 4 months ago. Look, it's a great game, just not worth the money. People say "Wow its $15 a month" but to be honest, it does add up. You can't just play the game for 1 hour a day, trust me, don't listen to people. A few hours MINIMUM. It's not the type of game you can just logon for 30 minutes a day.

Try the 10 day trial from there website. See if you like.