Is it possible to have regular steam and free steam on the same computer?

Thanks for the quick responses.

When I run the installer downloaded form the home page it comes up with;

losltaa.jpg

Repair: will go over the current installation changing anything that is different in normal steam compared to freesteam.

Uninstall will uninstall steam.

ummm hey I'm kinda new. if you copy the original steam to some other place wont the computer not even "see" it. if not I'm confused IM me at [email protected] :) happy hacking

ps. it says that free steam is a Trojan/worm virus and i just got my pc just wondering if its safe :confused:

ummm hey I'm kinda new. if you copy the original steam to some other place wont the computer not even "see" it. if not I'm confused IM me at [email protected] :) happy hacking

ps. it says that free steam is a Trojan/worm virus and i just got my pc just wondering if its safe :confused:

Not quite sure how to answer the first bit but... As long as you just use your legit account on your original steam and not your cracked client, you don't have to worry about your legit account. The computer won't be able to "see" you're copying steam because when the steam client is started in a new location, it downloads all the necessary files to work, hence, it's like it's a new installation of the application, not the old one.

Secondly. Unfortunately, this forum has had quite a few "hackers/bastards" who try to scam this community for their legit accounts. Programs are posted sometimes which are indeed key-loggers and virus's however the best way to steer clear of these threats is to only download download's posted by respected members or that have been verified as "Safe" by administrators.

If you've downloaded something called "Free Steam" and think it is a malicious program, send it to WWIII or any other admin for help.

Yes u can!
Well, u can run the installer, but u can copy and paste the files manually
You just agreed with me. You can run the installer as many times as you want but theres no changing that each time you run the installer, whatever path you choose will be written to the registry.

IF you want to run two different steams using two different registry locations just ask me, i'll edit Steam.exe or Dll (havn't looked at either) and change the registry locations.

you cannot install steam to two locations, when steam installs it sets registry keys and when you start any steam exe it scans those keys

U just simply said u can't install steam, didn't say anything about copying the files. And yes, i do agree with what u said on the registry part. I don't think he'll care/understand though