Just a little problem with Hl2/gmod

SpartanSOnic

Well every time I play Half life 2 or Gmod the games works perfectly fine but if I shoot,kill,or get hurt/killed the game freezes immediately.On a side note none of npc's in half life 2 have pupils either.

My graphic info:
Name: NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Manufacture: NVIDA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
DAC type: Intergrated RAMDAC
Approx. total memory: 64.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Might of given too much info as needed but help would be much appreciated.

that doesnt sound to much like a gfx card problem but more like a ram or processor problem.. i could be wrong
and the no pupils thing is just kinda creepy and not really a big deal.
and are you playing on lowest of the low graphics settings or complete high detail?
usually when im playing a game that buggs and lags alot i switch to shit quality graphics. i myself dont have a really good gfx card. its a ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 intergrated into my now 3 year old bottom shelf acer laptop.
maybe someone else can help you cause im not to experienced in this area of computers. but i hope that what i said kinda helps if it does.

I had the same exact problem, except the blood showed up as red squares.
You might want to clear out some of your hard drive because the computer might not have sufficient memory to store the dieing, pupil's, ect.
I might be wrong, I just cleared out some of my drive, and it works great, what RAM do you have? Less than at least 560 RAM or something like that will not really work.

Dang, My Ram is 256mb. I also had that problem with the red squares and all but everyone had pupils and I could still kill them. It was working fine like that, until I updated my nvida card online to a newer version which is still pretty old. I appreciate the help and advice. I'm going to try and clear some of my drive as you suggested.

Back