Latest counter-strike source client.gcf *June 14th 2007*

Binary

Thought this might be useful since I uploaded this for another forum.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/37430281/counter-strike_source_client.zip

thanks if someone can. I had a side note though, I downloaded this steam pack from somewhere, i forget where. But it had these SUPER compressed images, like 4 megs that could be extracted to the full gig or whatever. Im guessing he used Winace or something like that. When people post these gcfs, why dont they do that. Does it take a long time or what

thanks if someone can. I had a side note though, I downloaded this steam pack from somewhere, i forget where. But it had these SUPER compressed images, like 4 megs that could be extracted to the full gig or whatever. Im guessing he used Winace or something like that. When people post these gcfs, why dont they do that. Does it take a long time or what

Called minigcfs. Basiclly 90% of the actual data has been zero'ed inside them so they compress to ridiculously small sizes. However steam continues to accept them as "damaged-but-present" game files and will 'repair' them to the full game. Its a neat trick but

1... It only works on a few games.
2... The minigcfs get broken alot when steam updates the file and the ratio of correct data in the mini gcf drops.
3... Creating them is a pain in the jaxy. Alot of trial and error till you get the right amount to zero for maximium compression.

i downloaded this but when i got to put it in the steammaps it doesnt come up can some1 help me?

This is only one of the files you need. Counter strike source is dependant on at least 5 other gcfs...... The reason this one was uploaded specificly is because it wouldnt upgrade (through cracked steam) properly for some people.

I just tried it but it still didnt work. What other gcfs is this dependant on?

edit:
OMG NM IT WORKS THANK YOU!!! I just had to take off the under scores and replace them with spaces!!! I love counter strike!

Back