Learn C++ In 21 Days

Haha I wish it was that easy
<

This book is great, aswell as Thinking in C++.
Just the title is a bit confusing... It took me half a year to read it
<

lol i alreadt try at pac's forum and all i have done is updated steam buster and updated csn then helped around a bit ,lols

This isn't too bad. Wouldn't recommend it for starters though.
You'll probably end up with knowing "how to" but not "why" :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (U231 @ Dec 24 2006, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This isn't too bad. Wouldn't recommend it for starters though.[/b]
I can't agree :p
The book has some nice practical examples (something with mammals
<
), but it may be difficult to read if you don't know English well (as it happened to me, I had to read it twice
<
).

how about a german one for begginers ? :p
i want to start c(++) too =)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WWIII @ Nov 9 2006, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thanks ! I havent found enough time to read & learn computer languages ,so far i have one year left to get in college as i am trying hard to get in IT Courses.

I have almost a read couple of pages of this and it seems to use very easy english, I noticed.

This is absoloutely great for self -study and its very recommended if you have a free hour each

day since this might make your resume look alot better.

Thanks again
WWIII

i should really learn C++....but in the past ive tryed to learn via C++for dummys and can never get past the first couple chapters....

(im not that smart of a person) ;(

21 days with reading, etc.
Most of the 1st day is history and information, etc.

WOW I glanced at the book and kinda lafd. It has you use enumeration LOL!!! NO ONE DOES THAT!! THAT"S LAZY^1000 SQUARED!!

WOW I glanced at the book and kinda lafd. It has you use enumeration LOL!!! NO ONE DOES THAT!! THAT"S LAZY^1000 SQUARED!!

mmm that's an interesting comment - why would you say that!

What do you think of switches - archaic ?

I have a suggestion - consider that the code you are writing is going to be changed in 6 x months by either you or someone else.

If the code is unreadable or hard to understand - no matter how fantastic and brilliant it is - it will be thrown away!

It is sometimes cheaper in time to just rewrite it - unless of course it was written in an understandable way in the first place.

If you want to be a hero - write code so the next bloke can easily understand it and "modify" it. Obfuscation is only good for impressing your Uni tutor :roll:

Well that's my opinion.

cheers
OldFart

Learn C++ In 21 Days
LIES!!! I've been on it for a month and I still got far to go

If you want to be a hero - write code so the next bloke can easily understand it and "modify" it. Obfuscation is only good for impressing your Uni tutor :roll:

Well that's my opinion.
cheers
OldFart
pfff . . . Wait for the uni critics, they wont take jackshit; and they hammer you the whole session for any mistake you make.

Back