Left 4 Dead (Steam & Non-Steam)

Hey is it possible to start a server cuz i wanna play lan with my bro how can i do that?
when i try its says that it disconnected

i added the MP patch 2 so idk what to do

I got it now ;)
for all who get the join problem: PATCH IT!!! i was so stupid to join 1.0.1.4. servers with version 1.0.0.7. or sumthing xD
but i have to know how to host games any help?

I will use the Steam version of the game...

My question is: will it update automatically or will it give me a casual: ""Steam servers are too busy to handle your Request"

Are these the newest .gfc?

Could someone make some MD5sums for this? Ive dl'd part 1 and 7zip wont let me open it saying the password is wrong

Ok, the cracked steam does not work, but the standalone works, with one main problem:
I see purple and black

I've put them into the right places to play on cracked steam but it want update it but it wont cuz Steam servers are too busy to handle.... WHAT TO DO NOW TO MAKE IT WORK ON HACKED STEAM????

Ok, the cracked steam does not work, but the standalone works, with one main problem:
I see purple and black

This is his problem even though it's too late... >.<

f9a0957310610540bf6580e0ddae6587.jpg

Also is there a way to make the image smaller? If a mod can please do so.
The problem is the texture messed up loading or something I dont know I dont feel like researching it.

I know this is off topic but lowdown awesome sig. Call of Duty Rules. XD But can anyone get me the lastest client.ncf, and common file that goes with it.

i have bought some games but is downloading a game liker this risk getting me banned and losing my games. or not being able to play online on gmod etc?

When i was in a loading screen the game just exited itself out. help ?

Same problem :/ everything works fine, I click single player, start game and it starts to load, it loads briefly then stops, then loads a tiny bit more then freezes. After about 5 minutes, it closes. Help us, please? <3

Edit: It may be helpful to inform you that I'm using SteamUp, what I assume to be the latest version found here: http://freesteam.org/forums/clients-cracks-launchers/11257-steamup-v2-1-4-oct-30th-2009-a.html as Undead Patch 6.66 did NOT work even after following all instructions exactly as-is. It made no noticeable change whatsoever.

Steamup has allowed me to run the game as a non-steam game. It would not run Standalone, because that resulted in the "Application load error 5:0000065434" error. It will not run as a steam application because the files are not up to date and thus "The steam servers are currently too busy.".

Edit: I've tried a variety of supposed "fixes" for this issue that I've found whilst searching Google. These include:

Setting left4dead.exe to run in Admin mode via Properties, Compatibility. | This results in SteamUP giving me an error message reading "Failed to start Left 4 Dead"

Setting left4dead.exe to various "run in compatibility mode for..." settings. | None of which made a difference.

Entering the following string into the Target section of the steam shortcut properties: -w 1024 -console -refresh 120 -heapsize 1572864 -high -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noipx -nojoy | This made no change other than setting the L4D resolution to 1024 x 768 and causing a console box to come up after the loading screen comes up with some command line in it which does seemingly nothing as I still crash upon loading a campaign.

Disabling the Multicore Processing option. | This also made no noticeable changes. Still crashes just the same.

The above, and turning ALL graphics options to the lowest possible settings, including resolution to the lowest. | No change.

Edit: I've tried all the memory editors and launchers/emulators available on the http://freesteam.org/forums/clients-cracks-launchers/ page. NONE of them work for me except SteamUp and I'm still having the problems previously described.

Edit: I am STILL having the same issue. I found a steam support thread which suggested -nosound be added to the target and it worked for many people. It did not work for me.

Above-mentioned thread can be found here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853146&page=2

I have yet to get this version working, however I did get the standalone that Megumi posted to work, and so far, so good. I would still like to figure out how to get this one to work, but I'm content for now. :) Ty Megumi!<3

Uhh... Everytime I open it, the VaLVe logo and the game intro plays, but then it says "not found background material MATERIALS/CONSOLE/BACKGROUND01.VMT". I also tried copying the console folder from my HL2 to left4dead/materials, but that doesnt worked.
PS.: when I extracted it it wrote an error with a pak file. Should I re-download the pak files from a different source?

can somebody help me?
when i load up the .exe from the folder, it suddenly crashes and says "Could not load library Client" after the video

No it lets you host a server that other people with cracked and legit copies of the game join you. You can join other cracked servers without it. The patch is only for hosting a server.

Are there any other MP Patches for other games (HL2: DM, TF2, CS:source, etc) that you know of?

Antoher question, I extracted the game and when I opened the application it opened my cracked steam and well... did nothing, it took me to the L4D website (on steam) (I extracted it on my steamapps folder BTW). So, in order to play it as a stand-alone game, do I need to erase my cracked steam or just to extract it in another folder?

(Please excuse my english lol) And THANK YOU very much

Need Help, I'm using the the standalone version and I can't join servers, once the multiplayer window pops-up it says "Connection Lost"

mother(no swearing please)ing server is busy right now.Wt(no swearing please) how to fix this s(no swearing please)t.I tried removing ClientRegistry.blob and renaming it and none worked so if u know something like how to fix this i would appreciate it.