Linux and memory patchers.

leeshaw85

What's the word? anyone had any success, I can get steam to run through Playonlinux, but nothing with Steamup or the undead patcher.
(I can't even download any games because the store etc is blank (something to do with tahoma font i think) so i was hoping to get steamup working so I could see the list of games in my games list / get .gcfs etc and still be able to get my games back.
I'm running Linuxmint 8: helena, though will be 9 soonish if i think it will help.

It's been awhile since I've done this... But, When I Installed Steam on my Linux box (years ago) I used WINE. Got CSS to play through it as well. SteamUp didn't exist then, but I'm sure that it is possible to get it to run through WINE as well. You just need to install the tahoma font into WINE (that is if it's not installed with it).

It works with WINE and CrossOver. The Valve games are gold rated in the WineDB so it should be fine withtout any problems, make sure you use the development builds though.

interesting, will have a better look tonight :) - I've gotten half life 2 to work on this machine before (same linux os) but I can't for the life of me remember if it was my disc, or the steam gcf's here... (i get the feeling disc)

Back