Minecraft laggy as hell

Mainkill1

FS Member
I have noticed that minecraft has had some updates and now I get a good 19 average frame rate with my video card and cpu almost at idle, anyone else have this happening?

I should be surprised about a game like minecraft having a low fps, but a freind of mine seems to get VERY low fps on it wereas he can run games like mw2 with a respectable frame rate of around 30-50fps

I should be surprised about a game like minecraft having a low fps, but a freind of mine seems to get VERY low fps on it wereas he can run games like mw2 with a respectable frame rate of around 30-50fps
Its the java, they have to get a standlone thing other than java :\

Try putting graphics on Fast and MAX FPS, also installing java 7 (beta) helps some of people to improve FPS.

The latest java update increased my FPS in minecraft by a bit. The biggest problem in Minecraft is that it's coded in java, while it could have been made with a low-level language (like C++). That would kill the "easy" multiplatform support, though :)

GPU and Java updates work nicely. Minecraft only has a point with a good balance of plugins and mods. Vanilla nor single player hold any thrill.

Back