1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need computer help.

Discussion in 'Support & Help' started by nightreaper999, August 1, 2007.

1. nightreaper999

nightreaper999 Bringing Sexy Back!!

my computer has been messed up really bad lately. it just shuts of by itself.... my computer has alot of lights on it. so, im doing stuff, or just not on the computer and it shuts down by itself. then when i start the computer, all the lights turn on, the fan starts working, for 2 seconds and it shuts of again. i have to wait about 5 minutes to start my computer successfully. also, my computer has a restart button in the front. when i click that my comp shuts of and the same thing happens =/ i cant do anything on it. i changed my skin on alienware, didnt work. i scanned with spysweeper and nod32, didnt find anything. i removed spy sweeper thinking that it caused conflictions with nod32. that didnt work either. i changed my cs config, everything. idk what happened. i didnt download anything, except eddys easy server thing. but that didnt cause it im sure. do you think my fan isnt working properly and my comp gets overheated and turns of itself? please help me
  2. tarantino

tarantino hollaget$

eddys you say? mhmn....
    back up important shit and format your hard drive.
  3. Echo419

Echo419 FS Owner

It's because you have auto restart turned on in windows turn it off in system properties
  4. Deride

Deride Full Member

Not necessarilly... he didn't quite make it clear if the computer shut off on initial boot or Windows boot.
  5. nightreaper999

nightreaper999 Bringing Sexy Back!!

actually i fixed it. i had a cooling problem. so much dust it stopped the fan from cooling the processor. thx for the help :p lol :) <3
  6. Deride

Deride Full Member

Yeah... I figured it was maybe some type of case issue.
  7. n00b

n00b Full Member

most of the time it's because of overheating, thats why you had to wait a while before you could use it for a bit, although most comps would give an overheat warning...