new computer(need help)

nightreaper999

Bringing Sexy Back!!
the comp i wanna buy has these specs.

Processor
Learn More
Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)

Operating System
Learn More
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Digital Cable Support

Memory
Learn More
3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs

Video Cards
Learn More
512MB2 Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

Hard Drive
Learn More
320GB3 - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache

Monitors
Learn More
20 inch SP2008WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Adobe Elements Studio
Learn More
Adobe Elements Studio for XPS™ 420

Optical Drive
Learn More
Dual Drives: 48x Combo + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable

Warranty & Service
Learn More
1Yr In-Home Service,5 Parts + Labor,24x7 Phone Support

has some minor details to it that i didnt include.

total is $1,479

is it worth it?

Wewh,USA got cheap computer's.If in Norway a computer cost $1199
You will get this:
PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo
DDR2-SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS

Laptop:
Intel Core Duo
1,46 Ghz
High Definition-Azalia
1 024 RAM

If you get ANY computer, don't bother with 3gbs ram, get the full 4gbs working in dual channel. Even though windows XP only supports about 3.36gbs, WHEN/IF you get vista, you'll be ready. No point getting 3gbs. You see real performance increases in the doubled amount of RAM you have previous to your upgrade.

eg.

Performance increase from 512mb - 1gb
Or
1gb - 2gb

are you a gamer or worker? if you is a work get xp but vista have directx 10 and xp have directx 9 and omfg directx 10 is so much better then 9 so if you love gaming in good graphic take vista
and 320gb hardrive i have one too and i need more space so get a bigger one ;)

dirext 9 vs directx 10
07_CoJDX10-DX9vsDX10-2.jpg

I always build my own that way you can get the best motherboard (which then if you choose a good one you wnt have a problem updating in the future) were as if you brought a shop pc, they can be limiting on upgrading.

Ya, buy your own computer componet by componet is best option if you want a great pc with the best complementation and ofcourse if you have in mind update the pc with the time and you can have a quality/price computer better than a "default" computer.
I ever buy my computers in components with a good quality/price im very satisfied.

Ya, buy your own computer componet by componet is best option if you want a great pc with the best complementation and ofcourse if you have in mind update the pc with the time and you can have a quality/price computer better than a "default" computer.
I ever buy my computers in components with a good quality/price im very satisfied.

yes if you want a good computer at good price there is the way

If you get ANY computer, don't bother with 3gbs ram, get the full 4gbs working in dual channel. Even though windows XP only supports about 3.36gbs, WHEN/IF you get vista, you'll be ready. No point getting 3gbs. You see real performance increases in the doubled amount of RAM you have previous to your upgrade.

eg.

Performance increase from 512mb - 1gb
Or
1gb - 2gb

I think you're somewhat misinformed. Firstly, yes, 3GB of RAM isn't good considering all MOBOs nowadays utilize dual-channel memory to gain noticeable performance. Secondly, you're wrong... the actual OS doesn't make any difference, it's the architecture it uses. Windows Vista x86 maxes at 2GB just as x86 WinXP; Windows Vista x64 maxes at 32GB (speculated) as does WinXP Professional x64 Edition.

are you a gamer or worker? if you is a work get xp but vista have directx 10 and xp have directx 9 and omfg directx 10 is so much better then 9 so if you love gaming in good graphic take vista
and 320gb hardrive i have one too and i need more space so get a bigger one ;)

dirext 9 vs directx 10
07_CoJDX10-DX9vsDX10-2.jpg

WinXP has DX10 now... look it up.

winxp does not have dx10 lol, ive heard of dx9.L which is dx10 equvilant, but not dx10.
And if there is a dx10 for xp it cant be offcial, the reason for MS to release dx10 for vista only is to scam everyone to buy vista

winxp does not have dx10 lol, ive heard of dx9.L which is dx10 equvilant, but not dx10.
And if there is a dx10 for xp it cant be offcial, the reason for MS to release dx10 for vista only is to scam everyone to buy vista

LoL who would buy vista anyway? If I wanted to see how bad a product ran on my computer first, I wouldn't support them straight away, I'd want to make sure I get my money's worth first :D

This is me

Intel Core 2 Quad Overclocked to 4.1ghz - Originally 3.8Ghz
3.5GB RAM
Window Vista Home Premium - Custom Tweaked
500GB Internal Hard Drive
500GB External Hard Drive
Nvidia Xpertvision GeForce 8800 GT
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
Logitech Subwoofer Setup w\ 4 Speakers
Customized Alienware Case
Logitech G15 Keyboard
5! Yes 5 Fans!!
Realtek HDAD Sound Card

if you're considering the high-end stuff, perhaps take into consideration a Dual Xeon 3XXX. those are quad cores, and 2 pieces of those can match one piece of a Core2Duo quad. plus performance rocks too :)