new here, think i'm on to something...

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Qbeck, January 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qbeck

Qbeck FS Member

ok so i downloaded a cs 1.6 torrent, and I can go on non-steam servers fine, but i can't go on actual servers. In the program files-counterstrike folder, there is an icon called "CD-Key" which when i open says

"Are you sure you want to add the information in E/programfiles/counterstrike/CDkey.reg to the registry?

i say yes, than it says "information in E/programfiles/counterstrike/CDkey.reg has been added to the registry."

I still cant get on non-nonsteam servers.

Any help?

Ps. i'm new here, so please dont flame.

2. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

and then

how does that work?

3. Acren

Acren New Member

The registry has nothing to do with allowing you to play on legit servers. You need a steam account with the games purchased to play legit servers, or a cafe account.

4. rushil01

rushil01 Maestro of Meyhem

lol renegade from what im getting he can get on cracked servers (non-steam ones) and then he ran the .exe and he still cant get on Vac 2 servers (the NON non-steam ones)

sorry buddy but you gotta buy the games to get on the steam/Vac 2 servers

5. Reflector

Reflector Full Member

The registry key enables your computer to think you either have given the game a cd-key OR allows you to type in AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA or something similar as the key and game accepts it. Non-steam servers are the best you can do unless you "in" on a private steam community or you buy the game, sorry.

6. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

non-non steam = legit
    non steam = cracked

7. HeavyMtl007

HeavyMtl007 FS Member

There is a crack someone said about it being the only one that can let you down EVERY steam game, although it cam out to be a virus, at least i think it did, i'll have to check...

8. Qbeck

Qbeck FS Member

so where do i get a cafe account?

9. Etheco

Etheco FS Member

This is not a place to ask for cafe accounts, keep on your own topic please!

10. Renegade89

Renegade89 New Member

ah i see, topic locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.