new here, think i'm on to something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qbeck

FS Member
ok so i downloaded a cs 1.6 torrent, and I can go on non-steam servers fine, but i can't go on actual servers. In the program files-counterstrike folder, there is an icon called "CD-Key" which when i open says

"Are you sure you want to add the information in E/programfiles/counterstrike/CDkey.reg to the registry?

i say yes, than it says "information in E/programfiles/counterstrike/CDkey.reg has been added to the registry."

I still cant get on non-nonsteam servers.

Any help?

Ps. i'm new here, so please dont flame.

The registry has nothing to do with allowing you to play on legit servers. You need a steam account with the games purchased to play legit servers, or a cafe account.

lol renegade from what im getting he can get on cracked servers (non-steam ones) and then he ran the .exe and he still cant get on Vac 2 servers (the NON non-steam ones)

sorry buddy but you gotta buy the games to get on the steam/Vac 2 servers

The registry key enables your computer to think you either have given the game a cd-key OR allows you to type in AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA or something similar as the key and game accepts it. Non-steam servers are the best you can do unless you "in" on a private steam community or you buy the game, sorry.

The registry key enables your computer to think you either have given the game a cd-key OR allows you to type in AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA or something similar as the key and game accepts it. Non-steam servers are the best you can do unless you "in" on a private steam community or you buy the game, sorry.

There is a crack someone said about it being the only one that can let you down EVERY steam game, although it cam out to be a virus, at least i think it did, i'll have to check...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back