No Steam ID and LAN

legotrekker

Hey guys. So I downloaded some "Garrys mod 11" torrent off piratebay because my old cracked version didn't work with a lot of mods. I fully updated all the gcfs and put it on me and my bros computers. The single player works great and every mod I've tried so far has worked, however, when I try to create a lan server and let him connect, it always gives me a "no steam id" message and shuts down completely, both of us are kicked. The torrent came with a "ip translator" addon and some other "steam id generator". I've tried installing both of them, and when my brother connects I can see in the developers console it gives him a steam ID based on his ip, but it still boots us. It gives ME the no steam ID message and him a "disconnect: server shutting down" message. Setti's masterlist servers work fine for us, but we really want to be able to play lan. Any suggestions.

PS: The torrent came with misteamtools/prep and I installed the game that way, it apparently links up with revemu. Like I said, everything else is perfect, but it won't allow us to do lan. (I have already tried it with both sv_lan 0 and sv_lan 1).

Any help is appreciated, thanks! :D

How exactly? The readme didn't really say how to use it, so I simply installed it to my addons folder and then attempted to paste it into my lua autorun after that didn't work. I've installed it on both computers and neither can host without the other one connecting and crashing it. The torrent also came with a "garrys mod ipt translator" or something, that also doesn't seem to work correctly. I could upload both of the addons if want to take a look at them.

Also, like I said, we connect to other cracked servers, so I don't think it's clientside. Its the server control stuff, (which I know extremely little about). We just want to play lan so we can set the rules and just be with each other, without and lag.

Back