OpenDNS

derek48838

This is in no way shape or form for the help of me. It's just to help you guys out :)

www.opendns.com is a Free DNS host.

What can open DNS do for you?

OpenDNS protects more than a million people a day across hundreds of thousands of schools, businesses and homes as they navigate the Internet. We block phishing sites and give you the power to block adult sites, proxies and individual domains.

We provide you with the tools to see what's happening on your network, coupled with the tools to take action. For example, discover that myspace.com is the most frequently visited site on your network, and then block it with a single click.

But the reason I use it, is not to block sites, but I use it becuase it has A HUGE cache of websites meaning that when I website goes down you can still view it. And when they switch DNS servers you can still go to their page while all of the other DNS's are still refreshing :)

Basically the best thing that this does is resolves the hostname of A Domain name Faster then your Original host DNS would

OpenDNS was also recently used to "fix" that security exploit with BIND having a vulnerability in DNS records spoofing. Try it, might actually save you from being phished.

It's great. I used it for some time now on. It speed up your connection a bit and it's quite secure. Everyone who's going to use it gonna love it :D

OpenDNS was also recently used to "fix" that security exploit with BIND having a vulnerability in DNS records spoofing. Try it, might actually save you from being phished.

OpenDNS doesn't full y protect from it, the nameservers for the domains have to be secure to. It's also an exploit with ALL DNS servers, not only BIND.

Back