Portable applications.

Rix

Portable apps are tools that run straight out of a folder.
You dont need to run a setup exe or anything like that. ;)

This site has been going for quite a while now and their portable releases are superb quality.

ALL the apps on this site are free for non-commercial use.
ie FREE AND LEGAL.

I recommend this site highly. Check it out.

Yup
My copy of Firefox for example is entirely self contained.
I dont have to reinstall all my plugins when i reinstall windows because all settings and plugins are saved to the same folder as the exe. (instead of my documents.etc.)

Yeah thats what i thought too but there is no catch.

Its the best FREE applications on the web converted to portable.
Thats all. :) Firefox portable even has its own sourceforge page.... :D

Thats called credability that is. :D

The site is pretty sweet, bad thing there isn't that much programs that you can choose from.. if it was a full portable warez site.. that would be really nice :)

Tbh most of the stuff thats required to make apps portable can be done at the system level with api detours so im suprised there hasnt been an app/library out yet that can do it in a generic fashion. I looked already :(

If there is one already PLEASE tell me. I want it. BAD.
Doing it on an app by app system would be REALLY time consuming.

^.- Yes. Yes it does.

Heres how you do it....

1. Simply place your unplugged pc in a deep bucket of hot soapy water along with your dirty dishes.

2. And while still holding it underwater, get a friend or loved one to plug in the pc and power it on.

3 Continue holding underwater untill windows boots. (or you die)

4. Your dishes might not be spotless but by that point you wont care about them. Problem solved. :D

Enjoy. :)

^.- Yes. Yes it does.

Heres how you do it....

1. Simply place your unplugged pc in a deep bucket of hot soapy water along with your dirty dishes.

2. And while still holding it underwater, get a friend or loved one to plug in the pc and power it on.

3 Continue holding underwater untill windows boots. (or you die)

4. Your dishes might not be spotless but by that point you wont care about them. Problem solved. :D

Enjoy. :)

I'll try not too. And yes, I've used Portable Apps for a while, quite good.

Back