Portable steam

Trigger-happy

FS Member
hi everyone!

I made steam portable it is just like steam but it is an single .exe file and its compressed to 8.46MB, it works fine and it is good for people who like to chat to there steam friends and check out the steam shop or community at work or at school, you just have to log in with your steam account to play!

Details.
File name: steam.exe
file size: 8.64MB (RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE 256MB+)
File version: I don't really know lol, but the last time I updated it was at 28th May 2008
function: checking out the steam shop or steam community and chat to your steam friends!

How to install: extract the steamportable folder into your thumb dirve or whatever and then it should work without installation.

Download link:
http://adf.ly/X9iih

One of the problems with it that it extracts some(well a lot) files in a temp file, some computers at school my not allow this but its the best i can do for now! also i need to change the icon, all this will be done when i have time.

From trigger-happy

see my youtube video about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Virus/Trojan. Well I wont trust it. Virus Total say, that it is a Trojan! Well dont use it! or use it on your own risk!

No virus man trust me, I am a good guy any way plus i have norton 360 and sypbot search and destroy and it works fine. Plus i made youtube video

and also someone tell me the website were you upload a file and it will search it for any Trojans or viruses, after that i shall give a screen-shot of the results.

www.virustotal.com

OK I've checked it and it seems legit and all files match the current steam version, although why use ARJ packer on it when winRAR already compresses it?

p.s. Norton 360 is absolute bullshit, get Kaspersky or NOD32

Hmmm... Wouldn't connect for me, and the school firewall program was down too...

You said it was portable, yet in extracting it really it's installing itself on your computer as is.

Thanks, still better than downloading the full steam application which is over 900MB.

steam isnt over 900mb.. that must've come with content, just get the SteamInstaller.msi and install that. It's like 50-100mb (installed, download itself is like 10mb or so -- From what I recall, don't quote me!)

Yeah, you are able to run it off a flash drive w/o issues of reg.
Also I think a lot of stuff is reduced/cut out.

"Steam is not propely installed on this computer. Steam Service needs to run with elevated privileges to repair system settings."

I guess it doesnt work on my school comp (novell etc, though one open folder in c:/temp)

I have open the link which you have shared and with the process of steps given by you in the blog that is how to install,I had follow it and get good result..I like this blog,it's really nice..

Back