Portal (not the game) or Home Page (I CAN MAKE IT!)

Should we add the following?

• Total voters

Megumi

FS Member
[thread]5132[/thread] In response to thread number 5132 I suggest that you either make a homepage or a portal. I can make you an easy to update, style matching homepage very quickly (although I would need access to the CSS stylesheet and images of the new forum skin in developement to make the portal support both skins (so when you switch over you just need to delete old.skin in the mian folder lol, I love self-sufficient scripting.)

--

Enough of my rambling, who thinks we should have a portal or a home page to organize the site''s contents and get rid of a lot of those "how to get vac" and "how do I get rid of the 'steam servers too busy' error" posts. This would also enable the advanced and expert users of teh intranet (I spelled it as it was supposed to be spelled) a way to get their content quicker, without wasting time to go through multiple posts and threads just to find one thing. (Not to mention the searching of the forum has to load up EVERY SINGLE post cache and uncached post, compare the search term, and then shove up the results, very server intensive and slows it down for the rest of us.)

--

Please reply with your thoughts and vote in the poll, I know who you are...

he was just asking about he could help?.
but brokenvalve i dont think there is any need for it. this forum already have a coder. dont we :confused:?

? Yes, I am saying we need a homepage/portal though, me saying I can code it is just a side note. I think this site needs it to be more organized.

--

SIDE SUGGESTION: Using vBulletin User Prune, Prune every user with <2 posts in the Registered Users group that has been registered for more than 14 days. This will remove somewhere from 1-10000 users, lol.

i said homepage but to be frank i don't really care. I have a link directing me straight to the forums so it doesn't effect me.

And wtf is that shit in your sig?

Goals lol. Everyone has to have goals. My goal is to be #1 in every possible way in helping this community. I should update it now that I think of it.

And you should take a mark down for being pushy. I believe things are fine the way they are. Don't get me wrong brokenvalve, I admire your skills and yes, you are probably very talented in coding, put me and millions of others to shame, however... there is absolutely no need to keep "Advertising" you specialties. We know you can code, you already told us what you're capable of doing in your Coder Application. What we don't need is to constantly hear of your skills over and over in different threads. If you have suggestions, just keep them to suggestions and either PM the admins for ideas, wait until the admins agree on letting you join the forums private committee OR... if you're that fussed on having something, rough draft it and prove to us what you are capable of. Visuals work alot better then words ;).

I am making one right now, but I do not know what people want most in this forum, so I will put what most people want out of it, just as an example.

Back