Portal: Prelude

rcmero

logo-portal-prelude.png
ABOUT
Portal: Prelude, as its name states it, is an unofficial prequel to the game Portal. Its story revolves around the pre-GlaDOS epoch, even before she was plugged in. At this time, test subjects were monitored by real Aperture Science employees whose work was tedious, lengthy and repetitive. This is why they decided to build a great artificial intelligence that could both replace them in these difficult tasks, but also take responsibility for many other tasks within the complex and compete with Black Mesa's superiority. All employees of the Aperture Science complex are now eagerly awaiting GlaDOS. Maybe even a little too eagerly, as the upcoming events will tell...
DOWNLOAD

REQUIREMENTS
In order to play Portal: Prelude you need to have Steam installed on your system, of course. You also need to be the owner of Portal and probably nothing else.

NOTE: Any PC that can run Portal should be able to run Portal: Prelude. However, to play the game with all visual effects on, the computer would have to be equipped with a high standard graphics card as Portal: Prelude is a bit more greedy than the original Portal. (mostly in the last levels)

Recommended configuration :
# Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3000 MHz
# Display Card: DirectX 9 compatible graphics card
# Memory: 1024MB
# Free Disk Space: 1.5 GB
# Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista

INSTALLATION
Before you install, please make sure you have the Steam Client installed along with Portal. Also make sure they have been launched at least once through Steam. All you need to do is to install Portal: Prelude to your "SourceMods" directory, inside of the "SteamApps" directory of Steam. Be sure to restart Steam after the installation. This will allow Steam to update your game list and include Portal: Prelude in it.
TRAILER:
[YT]X2XExZ1FFoU&fmt=18[/YT]​

The trailer can also be accessed during game play.
WALKTHROUGH
Here is an "official" walkthough of Portal: Prelude, because we found that a lot of "unofficial" ones are using way too difficult and unnatural solutions and doing a lot of unnecessarily complex things. Not that it can't work, but it gives the impression that one can only beat this mod with tricks and stuff... There is no need for tricks and we'll prove it in this walkthrough.

man... this mod is so damn confusing, i can't even get pass the second test chamber

me neither

try viewing the walkthrough

Here is an "official" walkthough of Portal: Prelude, because we found that a lot of "unofficial" ones are using way too difficult and unnatural solutions and doing a lot of unnecessarily complex things. Not that it can't work, but it gives the impression that one can only beat this mod with tricks and stuff... There is no need for tricks and we'll prove it in this walkthrough.

That was so difficult - partly cause it left me with no space on my hard drive (windows 7 hogged the partition) and it was just crazy!

Back